Full-Time Sanitation Operator
This position involves the use of automated and manual vehicles involved in collecting, transporting and disposing of garbage, recyclables, and brush material.
Work mainly involves the performance of manual and automated tasks in collecting garbage, recyclables, and brush, loading it into collection vehicles, and delivering it to the transfer station/landfill. Some discretion is required when entering private property and while handling limited public contacts.
The employee will also perform duties of general labor in street maintenance and construction work when not performing sanitation duties. Work is reviewed by supervisors through observation and results obtained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Operate automated and rear load sanitation collection vehicles to aid in the collection of garbage, recyclables, and brush, and work outdoors in all types of weather. Assist in the loading and unloading of garbage, recyclable, and brush materials. 50%
• Operate in a safe and efficient manner a rear-loader in the collection of special paid pickups, violations, brush and dumpsters. 10%
• Enforce city policies and codes by properly tagging violations and communicating to residents potential violations to assist in creating a well-informed customer base. 10%
• Perform daily routine preventive maintenance and inspection of City sanitation vehicles and assigned equipment to minimize down time and ensure safe and proper function. Change tires as necessary, check fluids daily, and clean truck in preparation for future operations. 10%
• Complete daily paperwork accurately to maintain proper recordkeeping. 10%
• Operate Sanitation Division vehicles in the offloading of garbage or recyclable material safely at the transfer station. 5%
• Perform duties of general labor in street maintenance and construction work when not performing sanitation duties. Operate heavy duty vehicles and specialized equipment. Perform routine street repair, maintenance, and other general manual labor tasks as required. 5%
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
• High School graduate or equivalent
• One year experience within the last five years in the operation of tandem trucks.
• Class B CDL with no air brake restriction.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to operate a tandem truck and other types of automotive equipment in a safe and effective manner.
• Familiarity with the principles of automotive operation, including large trucks, and the laws and ordinances regulating such operation.
• Ability to follow a map and written instructions.
• Ability to work in an accident free environment.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job, which may include strenuous physical labor such as lifting, raking, and shoveling, and to perform such work in inclement weather conditions.
• Ability to stay focused on job assignments for long periods of time.
• Ability to enforce rules and polices related to refuse pick up.
• Ability to complete all required paperwork.
• Familiarity with tools, methods, and materials commonly used in street repairs and maintenance.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the City may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Use of equipment and tools such as: 31 yard automated side-loaders, 25 yard manual rear load packer, tandem dump truck, pneumatic jack, impact wrench, pressure washer, 1 ton stake truck, pickup truck, front end loader, brush grinder, roll-off truck, and various hand tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, talk, and hear. The employee is required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds to chest height and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Employee frequently enters and exits the cab of an automated vehicle and twists and bends.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and the risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately loud.
Formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview, background check, and job related tests may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
How to ApplyApply by going to the webpage: https://selfservice.ci.oshkosh.wi.us/MSS/employmentopportunities/default.aspx
97 total views, 3 today