Full-Time Safety Officer II – NEW HIGHER SALARY!
- Evaluate heavy truck driver applicants including processing and interpreting driver records checks.
- Manage and run the Division fleet safety program, including coordinating and conducting road tests, training, and certifying heavy truck drivers.
- Conduct safety-related training, including new employee safety orientation, fleet safety, forklift operator, traffic control, flagger, first aid, and other areas.
- Maintain equipment and personal injury statistics.
- Assist in Workers Compensation program administration.
- Assist supervisors conducting monthly unit safety meetings and safety audits of crews/facilities.
- Help coordinate safety audio metric testing.
- Assist Division managers in administering our NCDOT safety program and complying with motor vehicles law and state/federal safety and health regulations.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, and OSHA Safety and Health Standards.
- Experience developing, coordinating, and presenting training programs on safety topics.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize unsafe conditions/acts and determine corrective actions.
- Knowledge of Worker’s Compensation Act, OSHA regulations, CDL (Commercial Drivers License) laws and NCDMV laws/requirements.
- Experience interpreting and explaining policies, procedures, and laws.
- Knowledge of Commercial Drivers License laws and NCDMV laws/requirements.
- Computer skills using Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Ability to develop and deliver safety training to large groups.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) requirements and field application.
- A Class A Commercial Drivers License. (Note: If you don’t have one, still apply, you can earn it through our on-the-job training within 360 days of hire.
- You will work in adverse weather conditions and need to traverse uneven/difficult terrain.
- You will be operating a motor vehicle safely in all kinds of weather, including rain, snow, and ice.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety management, occupational safety, industrial technology, or one of the physical sciences, and
- 2+ years of progressive occupational safety and health experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/mrz5jv8d
66 total views, 0 today