Part-Time Retail Merchandising Rep
Do you love retail but want the freedom to set your own schedule? Then keep reading! Retail Merchandising Services, Inc. (RMS), a national merchandising company servicing various retailers, has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Merchandising Representative in your area!
As an employee of RMS, you would be assigned to work in retail stores on a weekly, bi-weekly and/or one-time basis. You would be responsible for servicing retail stores within a 15-mile radius of your home address and can expect part-time, varying hours from week to week. On average, you can expect to be scheduled 3-8 hours each week. Workload may vary drastically based on the time of the year.
• Employees are paid an hourly rate of $10 to $15 per hour
• Employees who temporarily work or train in a store that is not their own may receive mileage in the amount of $0.45 per mile and/or drive time that is paid at $10 per hour or the applicable minimum wage for the employee’s location, whichever is highest
• Pay increases based on tenure
• 401k with company match, preventative medical insurance, dental, vision and voluntary life benefits available to eligible employees
• Perks at Work; Savings on travel, general merchandise, groceries, wellness and more through an employee discount and reward program
• DailyPay; access your pay when you need it!
• Flexible scheduling, set your own weekly schedule
• Paid on the job and online training
• Convenient mobile reporting
• Bi-weekly reimbursement for smart device usage
• Bi-weekly pay with the option of direct deposit
• Employee referral bonus program
RMS Merchandisers responsibilities:
• Timely and accurately complete all assigned projects as directed, which may include, but not limited to:
o Stock and organize products on the salesfloor
o Audit to ensure product is placed in the correct spot on the salesfloor
o Place stickers on product or sign product
o Data collection
o Display set up
o Reset and planogram maintenance
o Product knowledge training
• Report all projects completed instore through the RMS Web Portal or RMS Mobile App. This includes answering questions specific to a project, as well as uploading required photos
• Complete prep work prior to completing in-store assigned work. This may include printing step-by-step instructions for project(s), ensuring supplies are received if required for a specific project, viewing any other communication specific to project(s), etc.
• Routine decision making including determining when issues at the stores level need to be escalated to the Home Office, choosing a work schedule that allows the Merchandising Representative to meet deadlines put in place by RMS and basic problem solving on routine issues related to completing assigned services
• Develop and maintain respectful, professional relationships and interactions with all key store personnel in order to meet company and client objectives
• Create and foster cooperative relationships with RMS employees including peers, RMS home office partners and managers. Ensure all interactions and communications are timely, professional and respectful
• Continuously, more than 60% of the time:
o Lift up to 10 pounds
o Stand and walk up to 4 hours at a time
o Visually see small items, numbers and codes
o Repetitive use of fingers, wrists and hands
• Frequently, 30% – 60% of the time:
o Lift up to 25 pounds
o Stoop and bend
o Kneel and crouch
o Reach above and below shoulder level
• Occasionally, less than 30% of the time:
o Lift up to 50 pounds
o Climb ladders
o Climb stairs, use escalators or elevators in assigned store if needed
• Basic understanding of retail and/or merchandising operations. Ability to read and understand retail terms and procedures as written. A working knowledge of the Company’s software applications
• Have reliable transportation to commute to retailers within a 15-mile radius of your home
• Transport supplies as needed
• Internet access with downloading and printing capabilities
• Regular access to a smart device with an iOS or Android operating system that includes a data plan, ability to download an app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, and the ability to take and upload photos
• Email address and regular access to a phone with voicemail capability
• Communicate effectively in-person, by phone and through email
• Ability to plan and organize weekly assigned projects to meet scheduled due dates.
• Create and implement organized work plans and goals for self to stay on task
• Self-manage workflow
• Use simple tools, such as a screwdriver, box cutter, hammer, etc.
• Read and follow step-by-step directions
• Be flexible and open to change
To view open stores and apply for this position, please visit our website at www.rmservicing.com and submit your application through the Careers dropdown.
43 total views, 0 today