Do you love retail but want the freedom to set your own schedule? Then keep reading! Retail Merchandising Services, Inc. (RMS), a national merchandising company servicing various retailers, has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Merchandising Representative in your area!
Description: As an employee of RMS, you would be assigned to work in retail stores on a weekly, bi-weekly and/or one-time basis. You would be responsible for servicing retail stores within a 15-mile radius of your home address and can expect part-time, varying hours from week to week. On average, you can expect to be scheduled 2-5 hours each week. Workload may vary drastically based on the time of the year.
· Employees are paid an hourly rate of $10.00 to $13.00 per hour
· Employees who temporarily work or train in a store that is not their own may receive mileage in the amount of $0.45 per mile and/or drive time that is paid at $10.00 per hour or the applicable minimum wage for the employee’s location, whichever is highest
· Pay increases based on tenure
· 401k with company match, preventative medical insurance, dental, vision and voluntary life benefits available to eligible employees
· Perks at Work; Savings on travel, general merchandise, groceries, wellness and more through an employee discount and reward program
· DailyPay; access your pay when you need it!
· Flexible scheduling, set your own weekly schedule
· Paid on the job and online training
· Convenient mobile reporting
· Bi-weekly reimbursement for smart device usage
· Bi-weekly pay with the option of direct deposit
· Employee referral bonus program
RMS Merchandisers responsibilities:
· Timely and accurately complete all assigned projects as directed, which may include, but not limited to:
o Stock and organize products on the salesfloor
o Audit to ensure product is placed in the correct spot on the salesfloor
o Place stickers on product or sign product
o Reset and planogram maintenance
o Product knowledge training
· Report all projects completed instore through the RMS Web Portal or RMS Mobile App. This includes answering questions specific to a project, as well as uploading required photos
· Complete prep work prior to completing in-store assigned work. This may include printing step-by-step instructions for project(s), ensuring supplies are received if required for a specific project, viewing any other communication specific to project(s), etc.
· Routine decision making including determining when issues at the stores level need to be escalated to the Home Office, choosing a work schedule that allows the Merchandising Representative to meet deadlines put in place by RMS and basic problem solving on routine issues related to completing assigned services
· Develop and maintain respectful, professional relationships and interactions with all key store personnel in order to meet company and client objectives
· Create and foster cooperative relationships with RMS employees including peers, RMS home office partners and managers. Ensure all interactions and communications are timely, professional and respectful
· Continuously, more than 60% of the time:
o Stand and walk up to 4 hours at a time
o Visually see small items, numbers and codes
o Repetitive use of fingers, wrists and hands
· Frequently, 30% – 60% of the time:
o Reach above and below shoulder level
· Occasionally, less than 30% of the time:
o Climb stairs, use escalators or elevators in assigned store if needed
· Basic understanding of retail and/or merchandising operations. Ability to read and understand retail terms and procedures as written. A working knowledge of the Company’s software applications
· Have reliable transportation to commute to retailers within a 15-mile radius of your home
· Transport supplies as needed
· Internet access with downloading and printing capabilities
· Regular access to a smart device with an iOS or Android operating system that includes a data plan, ability to download an app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, and the ability to take and upload photos
· Email address and regular access to a phone with voicemail capability
· Communicate effectively in-person, by phone and through email
· Ability to plan and organize weekly assigned projects to meet scheduled due dates.
· Create and implement organized work plans and goals for self to stay on task
· Use simple tools, such as a screwdriver, box cutter, hammer, etc.
· Read and follow step-by-step directions
· Be flexible and open to change
To view open stores and apply for this position, please visit our website at www.rmservicing.com and submit your application through the Careers dropdown.