Full-Time Retail Customer Service Specialist
Do you want to help us open a brand new retail location? Then come join our team!!
The Retail Customer Service Specialist is a cross-trained, multi-skilled agent. You will be capable of handling first level escalated Retention, Sales and Customer Care calls interactions for residential customers, face to face and over the phone.
- Pay rate: $19.88 per hour.
- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid in full after 30 days of employment).
Work Location: Sheboygan, Wisconsin
*This position will start out as work at home until the new Retail Office is ready. Once the office is ready, this will be an in office position.*
Work Schedule: After the first three weeks of paid training, your scheduled shift will be Monday through Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm CT with a rotating Saturday of 8:00am-5:00pm.
But wait, there’s more!
- Full benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance that start on Day 1!!
- Vacation and sick time accruals beginning day one of employment.
- Associate discounts on eligible TDS products and services.
- Protecting existing revenue by retaining customers that are calling asking to disconnect their service, or are at risk of leaving TDS, due to service failures, competitive offers, and billing issues.
- Promoting and demoing services as well as selling to new prospect customers.
- Demonstrate strong sales skills, negotiation, save techniques, and interpersonal communication.
- Maintain long term customer relations with the existing customer base while reducing churn and increasing revenue.
- Demonstrate independence and self-sufficiency.
- Maintain exceptional attendance and promptness for work to positively impact the Company and position peers to meet customer needs.
The pay range listed for this position represents the low and high end of the base compensation range. However, the base pay rate offered for this position is expected to be $19.88 per hour.
- Assist customers over the phone and face-to-face for Retention, Disconnect and Move order calls and walk-in requests, as well as identifying needs and selling services to both prospect and existing customers. Uses save techniques that involve negotiation & interpersonal communication skills in order to prevent customer churn. Works to ask lifestyle questions and promote services to fulfill customer needs. Is also responsible for reselling customers on the benefits of having TDS service, subsequently protecting existing revenue.
- Deliver sales and retention results through providing exceptional customer service. Exceed or meet monthly goals including increased revenue and retention metrics.
- Resolves complex/escalated customer problems in partnership with other teams to ensure long term solutions to avoid future issues.
- Resolves construction related issues in our Out of Territory markets by creating and completing Triage tickets.
- Keeps current with Promotions, Products and processes necessary to meet or exceed performance metrics.
- Handles retail office responsibilities such as restocking supplies, unlocking and locking office, maintaining office cleanliness, participating in community events, and working with other departments to coordinate use of space.
Required Job Qualifications
- 1+ year’s in a customer service or sales role.
- 2+ years computer experience (may include order applications, Microsoft Outlook, Word, or Excel)
- Must follow the TDS attendance guidelines to meet our customers’ needs.
- Ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, selling and closing skills in reselling the service to customers who are requesting to disconnect their service.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (i.e., verbal, written, listening).
- Possess a strong sense of customer focus.
- Must possess strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume of phone calls in a structured, contact center environment.
- Experience working with escalated customer issues and problem resolution both over the phone and face to face.
- Must show the ability to be flexible in roles, schedules and situations with customers.
Do you meet all of the Required Qualifications, but aren’t sure if your experience meets the Other Qualifications? We encourage you to apply! Research shows that some candidates may not apply for jobs unless they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications, when, in fact, they have the skills and experience to be successful in the role! Experience and skills come in many different forms and may not always look identical to what we have on paper, but still lead to success in the role. If you meet the Required Qualifications and believe you have what it takes to be successful in the position, apply today!
Associates scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week have access to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, and paid time off benefits such as vacation (15 days accrued per year for full-time; pro-rated for part-time associates working between 20-39 hours), sick leave (10 days accrued per year for full-time and pro-rated for all other associates), seven paid national holidays and one floating holiday, paid parental leave (2 weeks after 12 months of employment), among others. Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability coverage is also available for associates working 30 or more hours per week and Education Assistance is available to full-time associates. Associates scheduled to work under twenty hours per week or for a limited term (i.e. interns) are eligible for medical coverage, the 401(k) plan (if 18 or older), as well as sick leave (10 days accrued per year for full-time and pro-rated for all other associates). For more detail on the benefits we offer click here.
TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Metrocom/TDS) is a leading provider of fiber internet service. With more than 50 years of experience, the growing communications company is building and deploying new, fiber optic networks in neighborhoods across the country to deliver up to 8 Gigabit internet speeds to homes and up to 10 Gigabit internet speeds to business. In addition, TDS provides innovative TV entertainment and advanced phone services. Visit tdsfiber.com to learn more.
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!
How to Applyhttps://external-telecom-teldta.icims.com/jobs/22770/retail-customer-service-specialist/job?mode=view
43 total views, 0 today