Full-Time Data Manager
United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Resource Development Data Manager (RDDM) manages the data, reporting, and processes of the Resource Development Team (RD).The RDDM is responsible for overseeing and further developing UWSL’s Resource Development team’s use of our CRM tool, Salesforce, to ensure best practices for constituent engagement, keep data clean and accessible, and extract and share data that drives decisions.
The RDDM works across all verticals of the RD department, collaboratively with UWSL’s Data Operations team, and will represent RD in cross-departmental data projects. The RDDM, in consultation with Data Operations, manages the department’s technology roadmap, determining what products are available, what the RD team needs, and what will best meet those needs. This potentially includes researching new platforms and analyzing the effectiveness of existing products used by the organization.
In addition, the RDDM supports the Director of Engagement and Operations in the execution of mass solicitation and donor stewardship to provide an excellent donor experience for those supporting United Way of Salt Lake and the Promise Partnership.
Please upload a resume and cover letter to your application
- Responsible for data integrity: develop a strategic plan and processes to keep data clean and enhance RD efficacy and outcomes. This includes ensuring Salesforce data is up to date through regular screenings and working with other departments (finance, CI, 211) to ensure information is accurately and regularly being updated.
- Work with the data team to build new reports to track metrics such as interactions, pipeline progress, solicitations, and gifts.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining RD Salesforce reports, data projects, and dashboards that support RD department goals and priorities.
- Responsible to query data from Salesforce.
- Assist in forecasting and tracking results in Salesforce.
- Meet with department leadership team to review data projects and prioritize data needs.
- Responsible for educating the RD team on building reports, managing report updates, and essential Salesforce relationship management processes.
- Develop training materials and best practice documents to standardize data entry and reporting requirements for RD team.
- Responsible for the mass communication data for both mail and email efforts: pull mailing lists, review data for accuracy, complete mail merges, and send mailings to mail house.
- Work closely with the RD team to ensure accurate interaction information, assist with self-reported demographic updates, and remove duplicates. Ensure accurate information is reported in Salesforce.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. $49,000 – 59,000. Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Proactive, forward-thinking, and self-motivated.
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Holds self and others accountable to meeting commitments.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Defines and owns a project’s scope, resource requirements, dependencies, steps, and timelines.
- Ability to develop reporting and other skills in team members to help them extract, understand, and use data from Salesforce/data systems.
- Ability to design and test solutions that meet user needs in long-term and consistent ways. Ability to identify those user needs and to identify when the solutions of the past no longer serve our future needs.
- Confidence and humility to ask questions, admit to and address challenges, “fail forward,” and learn and test continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Ability to write and speak with diverse stakeholders: discuss data topics in ways that are appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to take initiative and operate effectively, even when things are not certain, when conditions are shifting, or the way forward is not clear.
- Experience with CRM software systems, preferably Salesforce
- Project management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft and proven skill in Excel workbooks
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Understanding of fundraising terminology and processes preferred
The employee regularly communicates with internal and external stakeholders and is required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, and must be able to exchange accurate information. The employee must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee is required to work primarily from UWSL during core business hours.
How to ApplyApply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1660127/United-Way-Of-Salt-Lake/Resource-Development-Data-Manager
54 total views, 1 today