Full-Time Residential Safety Officer III (ISO III)
Residential Safety Officer III (ISO III)
Bridgewater State University is an inclusive community dedicated to the lifelong success of all students, focused on the continuous improvement of its people, and responsible for leading innovation that benefits Southeastern Massachusetts, the commonwealth, and the world. Bridgewater’s accessible environment of teaching and learning stimulates critical thinking, pursuit of new knowledge, and deeper understanding, the cultivation of meaningful and diverse interpersonal relationships, and fostering an appreciation for global engagement, all aimed at transforming lives and improving the human condition.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is reflected in our https://www.bridgew.edu/bsuvalues, which ensure that all students are supported and succeed.
Bridgewater State University is equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Members of underrepresented groups, and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment, are strongly encouraged to apply.
The mission of the Department of Residence Life and Housing is to provide a safe, inclusive, and quality residential experience where access to programs, services, and staff fosters a sense of community in an environment conducive to learning.
The primary goal of Residential Safety Officer III (RSO III) position is to assist in ensuring the Residential Safety program operates as smoothly as possible to enhance the safety, community, and wellbeing of the residence halls on campus. This includes front-line and administrative support.
RSO IIIs are a member of the Residential Safety program that strives to maintain safety, provide excellent customer service, build community, utilize sound decision making regarding operational procedures, develop and represent a polished brand, while functioning as a cohesive team.
This position is designated as a Title IX and Equal Opportunity Responsible Employee and is required to directly report any allegations or reports of potential sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking or allegations of protected category-based discrimination and harassment to the Director of Equal Opportunity/Title IX Coordinator.
This is a full-time , 12-month, AFSCME position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
TOUR OF DUTY: One of two possible shifts available for bid among RSO III staff.
Tuesday-Saturday 4:00pm – 12:00am (with Sunday and Monday as days off)
Sunday- Thursday 4:00pm – 12:00am (with Friday and Saturday as days off)
(subject to change)
This is an essential position.
Position Type: AFSCME Classified
1. Provide response and oversight to Residential Safety Assistants (RSAs) and incidents occurring on shift.2. Assist with the management of front desk operation schedule and staffing. Manage scheduling of RSAs while on shift, filling in on shift as a last resort for unplanned shift vacancies until a replacement is scheduled.3. Make periodic rounds and conduct safety checks of residence halls and grounds.4. Provide solid customer service and develop community in the residence halls through positive interactions with students, visitors, and staff.5. Review reports filed by RSAs including shift reports.6. Code cards for students and staff for building/room access using C-Cure, Lenel and Persona access systems.7. Assist with the access control of student rooms and halls by helping locked out student and resolving keycard or hardware issues.8. Facilitate RSA team meetings as directed.9. Make student referrals on a variety of concerns related to residence hall living.10. Ensure all front desk stations within the residence halls are adequately stocked.11. Provide after-hours response to critical issues for the entire campus.12. Enforce all University and code of conduct policies and procedures.13. Report student code of conduct and housing license agreement violations to appropriate authorities and take whatever action is necessary in accordance with outlined procedures or as recommended by relevant staff.14. Attend required departmental or divisional trainings and staff meetings.15. Knowledgeable of the Residence Life and Housing (RLH) program and more specifically the Residential Safety programs and policies.16. Other duties as assigned.OTHER DUTIES:1. Assist with the maintenance of all RLH lock boxes and perform regular audits to ensure keys and cards are accounted for and functioning as expected.2. Provide support for summer conference operations, which includes but is not limited to verifying conference guest rosters, assisting with keycard access preparation and oversight of front desk operations.3. Post jobs in student employment for RSAs.4. Provide support for training for RSAs, which includes but is not limited to scheduling spaces and putting together training materials.4. Participate in and assist with the recruitment and hiring processes for RSAs.6. Assist with uniform ordering/tracking.
One year of full-time residential safety experience or equivalent part-time experience in law enforcement, in governmental police force, or in work involving protection or safety of buildings, equipment, or people as a major duty. or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below:I. An Associate’s or higher degree with a major in police science, law enforcement or criminal justice may be substituted for the required experience.*
• Ability to communicate and follow instructions both orally and in writing.
• Ability to deal tactfully with others.
• Ability to exercise discretion when handling confidential information.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• College campus work experience.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please complete and submit this electronic form: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcm.maxient.com%2Freportingform.php%3FBridgewaterStateUniv%26layout_id%3D18&data=04%7C01%7CHRICHARDSGAY%40bridgew.edu%7Cae02968cb954465a33ee08d97c70c24d%7C48ec3bf8d1654eabbbeef8d5307f46e1%7C0%7C0%7C637677645998136535%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=EVfCi7aR57zPQiGhKaSVgRxnTXX5NBrxzf4N1lS3VfQ%3D&reserved=0
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Salary Range: $1,667.36 bi-weekly (Grade 13, Step 1)
Posting Number: S00973P
Open Date: 05/17/2023
Close Date: 6/15/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4203757
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to ApplyTo apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4203757
67 total views, 4 today