Full-Time Residential Life Coordinator
Being a Residential Life Coordinator at Stetson University means that you are driven to create and lead a vibrant residential community where learning and values meet through engaged learning beyond the classroom and meaningful relationships. You are a passionate, engaging and creatively driven individual who strives to actively provide experiences that foster the development of students as they rise to reach their full potential and authentic selves. You also have a desire to be a progressive professional who can balance multiple priorities including supervision, community development, social justice education, facility management, and operational functions in an effort to provide a significant residential environment reflective of the Residential Living & Learning mission. You value working in a campus environment that dares its students to go beyond success – to significance as a live-on professional staff member.
• Provide leadership to a highly intentional residential program for an area of residence halls or apartment-style buildings of approximately 300-600 students.
• Directly supervise, train, and evaluate approximately 10-21 student staff members (Resident Assistants).
• Advise 1- 2 departmental committees on a yearly rotational basis while supporting all committee work and other initiatives as assigned.
• Design and creatively execute a community engagement plan designed with educational strategies to advance the departmental learning outcomes and address the needs of the specific area student population.
• Work closely with assigned residential learning programs (Community Catalyst Houses and Animal-Friendly) and a team of identified partners in developing a comprehensive program that complements the general education requirements (GEOs) and university values.
• Responsible for proactively maintaining a visible presence in the residential area and engaging in positive, professional interactions with students after business hours to promote residential engagement and building affinity. This essential job function requires the ability to climb stairs.
• Link student development theory and practice in interpersonal connections with students, parents, colleagues, and other constituencies.
• Intervene and assess student concerns through the engagement in developmental conversations and referrals to other agencies as appropriate to address student behavior.
• Utilize departmental assessment (EBI, residential feedback surveys) in addition to design strategies to guide and direct student learning, success of the department initiatives as well as student satisfaction within the residential area.
• Own, maintain, and serve as a fiscally responsible budget manager.
• Drive all aspects of building operation administration (includes: hall open and closing, health and safety inspections, room changes, key control, damages).
• Manage all residential area follow up including but not limited to work order, incidents, students of concern, and student retention interventions. Maintain and ensure documentation of pertinent interactions with residents for the area.
• Perform monthly building inspections and report back assessment of the physical condition/appearance of supervising the residential area.
• Develop positive working relationships with facilities and custodial personnel to facilitate the overall functioning of the residential area.
• Responsible for the management of occupancy through Residence by Symplicity.
• Aid in departmental initiatives in sustainability and assessment.
Execution & Administration:
• Serve as a primary judicial hearing officer for the university.
• Lead and aid in the implementation of departmental initiatives including, but not limited to, facilitation of staff recruitment, training, programming, social justice initiatives, housing operations, and technology.
• Maintain liaison relationships with a variety of offices and academic departments.
• Provide insight and critical updates on individuals to the HattersCare team.
• Responsible for completion of the monthly and annual reporting mechanisms.
• Provide success coaching to students in an effort to empower students to be independent, successful, and confident learners.
• Serve in a weekly on-call emergency response rotation for Campus Life and Student Success to ensure the safety and well-being of all students. This essential job function requires the ability to climb stairs.
• Designated as essential personnel for the purposes of emergency management.
• Assume leadership for summer specific assignments and projects related to Residential Living and Learning and/or the division of Campus Life and Student Success. Summer specific projects and assignments will be identified in early spring.
• Required to attend overnight training/professional development experiences.
• This position requires significant weekend, evening, and early morning time commitments.
• Others duties as assigned.
This position will report directly to the Associate Director for Residential Education and Community Programs.
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in student personnel, higher education, or related field preferred. The successful candidate will have previous residence life/housing/student affairs experience; experience utilizing technology; advising within a residence life or student affairs program; demonstrated ability to train, supervise and evaluate undergraduate student staff, teach job skills, and advise students; and mediation, intervention, problem solving, decision making, and emergency response. Candidate must demonstrate a strong ability to manage multiple priorities. As a live-on professional, the incumbent will be required to live on an on-campus apartment within a residence hall or student apartment complex.
Stetson University, an Equal Opportunity Employer, affirms the values and goals of diversity and strongly encourages the applications of all candidates, including women and candidates from historically under-represented groups.
REMUNERATION: Stetson University offers a competitive salary; rent-free furnished 1-2 bedroom apartment (on our animal-friendly campus), meal plan when food service is available and excellent university benefits package. Yearly professional development funds up to $1000.
YOUR TEAM: Campus Life and Student Success is driven by transformational leadership and continuous improvement. We seek team members who are highly motivated, strategic thinkers and relationship builders who thrive on shared governance. Our high expectations are matched by a robust professional development curriculum which promotes achievement and significance through self-assessment, reflection, and holistic goal setting. We actualize a philosophy of challenge and support grounded in liberal learning and development as it relates to student persistence and success. We are committed to facilitating student discovery and exploration consistent with the aims of a broad liberal arts education; offering impactful learning opportunities based on current research and empirical data; cultivating the unique strengths and perspectives of individual students; fostering global awareness, social justice values, and civic engagement; and providing a healthy and vibrant educational environment conducive to holistic well-being. The Residential Living & Learning team consists of an Executive Director, an Associate Director of Residential Education and Community Programs, 4 Residential Life Coordinators, an Associate Director for Housing Operations and Administrative Services, a Coordinator of Assignment Processes and Communications, and an Administrative Assistant. This team services a residential community consisting of over 2000 students who are supported by 69 Resident Assistants who are charged with enhancing and building a genuine and authentic community centered driven by the University’s Values.
How to ApplyPlease submit a cover letter and resume, with names, addresses, emails and telephone numbers of three professional references through our online portal: https://stetson-careers.silkroad.com/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until filled. For questions or additional information please email: email@example.com
85 total views, 1 today