Part-Time Residental Services Coordinator
We are looking to immediately hire our next Resident Services Coordinator at the West Suburban YMCA. This individual would ideally have a social work background, and knowledge of public benefits and the social service systems. Previous experience working with homeless and/or transient male population is a plus.
Responsible for coordinating and implementing resident services activities for the Newton Corner Place Residents. The Resident Services Coordinator will work closely with Newton Community Development Foundation (NCDF) and the Newton Housing Authority to ensure the smooth transition of residents into Newton Corner Place and how to positively navigate within the WSY property. Act as a liaison with consultants and agencies providing services to NCP residents. This individual would
be expected to work 15-20 hours a week, consisting of weekday evenings and various weekend nights as appropriate. Newton Corner Place is a 28 unit Single Room Occupancy facility located on the third floor of the West Suburban YMCA for formally homeless males.
1. Host monthly “house meetings” and provide one on one support services as needed.
2. Plan, design and assist with implementation of new programs and services, such as Clubs, monthly community service trips, movie nights, career development, etc.
3. Assist in scheduling and coordinating community meetings.
4. Personal contact and follow-up as needed with minor issues involving violations of Occupancy Agreement as well as enforcement of rules and regulations.
5. Personal contact and follow-up as needed with resident complainants in an effort to minimize problems residents may have in their dealings with one another and integrating into the community. Referrals to outside agencies as necessary.
6. Provide monthly reports detailing the number of residents and types of services provided. Track the progress of residents and achievement of goals.
7. Oversee room inspections assessing the safety and cleanliness of each.
8. Provide monthly reports detailing current updates concerning each resident to include the condition of their room based on the monthly room inspection.
9. Assist and support to help identify grants for new and ongoing programming.
10. Coordinate required yearly paperwork, background checks, lease renewals, etc.
11. Must present a demeanor in proper professional attire for duties required.
12. Maintains effective, positive relationships with the residents, members, participants and other staff.
13. Maintains open lines of communication with all residents whether it be ace to face, email or phone.
14. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the NCP area in accordance with the WSYMCA emergency policies. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
15. Attends YMCA staff meetings and in-service training when appropriate.
16. Willingness to accept responsibilities and duties other than those assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field preferred.
2. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
3. Ability to effectively communicate and foster a collaborative team approach.
4. Knowledge of public benefits and social service systems and ability to promote independent living with residents.
5. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments
of the community.
6. Previous experience working with homeless and/or transient male population a plus.
1. Ability to lift 25 pounds.
2. Ability to lift equipment.
3. Ability to sit and type for long periods of time.
The West Suburban YMCA is a charitable organization that welcomes all by creating a community that hires individuals of any age, race, gender, religion, heritage, economic circumstance, or physical ability. We focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure all children, adults and families are healthy, confident and connected.
How to ApplyPlease apply through our Career Center at www.wsymca.org/careers
26 total views, 1 today