Salary Range: $20-30 per hour (DOE and state)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Group Reservationist presents a positive first impression of the Gjelina Group’s friendliness, excellent service, and high standards. They approach all guests with grace and hospitality first. The Reservationist confidently informs guests with a firm understanding of the floor, reservations, and policies at all Gjelina affiliated restaurants as well as Hotel Vitorrja. The Reservationist goal is to maximize bookings (across all affiliated properties) by delivering a curated and efficient reservations service. Our Reservationists are meticulous at administration–ensuring that every detail of a customer’s reservation has been accurately recorded and communicated, following established procedures. Reservationist may be asked to walk guests to their rooms and tour the property with a full knowledge of daily operations.
- To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with our guests’ satisfaction always in mind.
- To have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both guests and your colleagues.
- To be decisive, accepting responsibility for making things happen, thinking ahead and developing contingency plans (while ensuring that you have the support to get the job done).
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm, and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing environments
- To maintain high team focus by strong leadership, showing cooperation, and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Report for duty on time and ensure you use the time clock to check in and out. Manage your time, including taking rest and meal breaks in compliance with California Labor Law. Keep the Manager informed when you leave the kitchen.
- Maintain high standards of appearance and hygiene that include clean clothes up to dress code standards, nails and hair and no heavy perfumes/colognes.
- To deal efficiently and politely with all telephone, email, internet and ‘in person’ enquiries
- Manage the reservation books, Guest profiles, and Guest requests at all Gjelina affiliated restaurants and Hotels.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of menus at all affiliated restaurants.
- Understand the chain of communication and ensure the correct people are informed of Guest and reservation issues / requests.
- Attend daily pre-shifts with prepared notes on that day’s service / Guests.
- Know our regulars and encourage new guests to become regulars by establishing a rapport that includes the guests’ likes and dislikes and details of their stay.
- Tend to special Guest needs and requests
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies
- Maximize revenue by converting enquiries, recognizing business prospects and taking every opportunity to promote premium bookings by connecting with the Events Team
- To liaise with all departments to ensure the best service is provided to our customers
- To ensure that all your work meets company standards and is according to training given; all function paperwork must be accurate and complete, including event/group requirements
- Adhere at all times to the strictest of confidences, customer lists, customer information, business plans and financial information
- Inform and involve managers when Friend & Family and special occasion event are booked before and during service or stays
- Adhere to protocols surrounding Pre-Set Menus, Gift Cards, and Lost & Found
- Ensure all OpenTable procedures are handled in a timely and efficient manner to maximize covers
- Keeping the atmosphere and language in the office professional at all times
- Assist with accommodating large party reservation inquiries, (parties of 9-15 requesting a NON-PRIVATE space)
- Cross reference confirmed events in Triple Seat with inquiring guests looking to have a large party reservation and communicate availability (or not)
- Assess availability for parties of 9-15 (not private) on requested date/ time and fill bookings in accordingly (1 large party reservation per night Thurs- Sat; 2 large party reservations per night Mon-Wed with 1.5-2-hour gap apart)
- Send follow up email to inquiring guests outlining preset menu options / pricing cost per person and attaching a copy of “Gjelina Private Events Menu” for guest review
- Enter Leads that are looking to confirm into Triple Seat and let the Events team know to follow up
- Obtain desired “menu tier” selection and draft proposal in Triple Seat (Desired Menu Tier X # of Guests; including service charges + taxes) and sending cost proposal to guest along with CC auth form to secure the larger table reservation
- Send through current restaurant menu to inquire guest to obtain menu selections for the table, based on desired menu tier
- Correspond to questions regarding menu selection, space, allergies, etc.
- Obtain cc auth form, menu selections, and enter client reservation details into Open Table and Triple Seat
- Solidify reservation by sending client the final menu selections and confirming reservations
- Send pre-arrival email to all hotel guests
- Capture revenue and check IDS for guest check ins
- Ability to create key cards for guests
- Print Pre-Set Menu for each corresponding large party reservation
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor / manager
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 1+ years restaurant or related experience (preferred).
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Experience in OpenTable or similar online reservation system
- Ability to learn TripleSeat
- Ability to learn MEWS
- Understand and work with seating charts and floor plans
- Proficient in: Word, Excel, Both Mac and PC Systems and Email
- Previous restaurant and host experience, a must
- Knowledge of all dishes on the menu, to be able to identify them and to know their ingredients
- Knowledge of all beverage items to include undertaking in-house training in wine
- Understanding, knowledge, and ability to comply with safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures
- Ability to prioritize work activities, provide accurate information and assistance to any management or colleagues’ request in a timely and courteous manner
- Ability to keep calm when faced with any unusual situations
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job
- Knows basic Math
- Able to take guest orders in Point of Sale – “POS”
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and nights
- Exhibit a sense of urgency
- Willingness to work on your feet
- Has high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Knowledge of proper food handling.
- Knowledge and use of kitchen forms/systems.
- High School education, diploma (or in process) or GED, preferred.
- Food Handler Certification – Food Handling & Sanitation Awareness, desired
- Must understand how to abide by the rules of the Department of Health related to Food Service.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the position is regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Ability to work with restaurant equipment and dishware (food warmers, ovens, fryers, knives, pots, plates, and pans, etc.). Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, grasping, pinching, smelling, tasting, reaching/lifting above shoulders in a repetitive manner, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Ability to work with cleaning solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENTS: The work environment characteristics described are representative of those in these positions while performing the essential functions of this job. The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment may be moderate to Quiet with surrounding areas that may be wet, hot/cold, slippery, or humid.
THE GJELINA GROUP HAS CREATED A CLIMATE OF PURPOSEFUL INCLUSION, AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE ALL CAN FEEL AFFIRMED,SAFE, VALUED AND GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO THRIVE WITHIN THE COMPANY. WE APPRECIATE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE DIVERSITY OF HUMANITY,A DIVERSITY WHICH INCLUDES DIFFERENCES IN ,SEX,AGE,RACE,ETHNICITY AND NATIONAL ORIGIN,RANGE OF ABILITIES,SEXUAL ORIENTATION,GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, FINANCIAL MEANS, EDUCATION AND POLITICAL PERSPECTIVE. THESE BELIEF AND PRACTICES APPLY TO ALL OF THE ACTIVITIES OF OUR BUSINESS INCLUDING DECISIONS FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES OR EMPLOYMENT.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://www.applicantpro.com/j/3063280-763331
52 total views, 3 today