Full-Time Research Liaison
Faunalytics is now accepting applications for our Research Liaison! This newly created position will play an integral role in bringing research and data directly to the animal protection community, ultimately increasing our impact for animals. If you have a passion for animal advocacy and experience in research and communications, this is the career you’ve been waiting for. Read on to learn more about the position and how to apply!
- Serve as a dual member of the research and communications teams to increase our knowledge translation capacity.
- Draft press releases for each original research study and major resource we produce
- Create, arrange, and deliver informative research presentations (e.g., how to conduct research, an overview of Faunalytics’ studies) to Faunalytics’ audiences
- Co-lead and help expand our Research Ambassador Project
- Help plan and execute Fauna Connections, our virtual research symposium
- Support advocates and organizations 1:1 via weekly office hours, meetings, and research-focused email inquiries
- Build and maintain relationships with advocates to stay abreast of current and future needs and issues.
- Meet regularly and proactively with advocates and stakeholders
- Co-lead Faunalytics’ research prioritization process
- Represent Faunalytics at conference exhibitor tables/booths 1-2 times per year
- Actively engage the RECAP researcher community via administrative oversight and coordination
- Support the publication and dissemination of Faunalytics’ original research reports.
- Copy edit research reports for grammar and clarity
- Prepare research reports and data for publication on the Open Science Framework
- Coordinate translation and publication of research team resources into other languages
- Belief in Faunalytics’ mission and animal protection
- 2+ years of experience in communications, public relations, or related; or 2+ years of experience communicating science to a lay audience
- 2+ years of experience conducting social science research, impact evaluations, or similar
- Excellent written communication skills (copy editing experience a plus)
- Strong presentation/public speaking, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven and able to work remotely with limited oversight
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small remote team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field
- Experience in animal protection, animal advocacy, or diet change (vegan, vegetarian, or reduction) advocacy
- 5+ years of experience in communications, public relations, or related; or 5+ years of experience communicating science to a lay audience
- Familiarity with tools we use for research and knowledge translation: Google Workspace, Infogram, Open Science Framework, R, GitHub, Asana, Slack, and Zoom
- Fluency in Spanish, and/or any major language spoken in China or Southeast Asia is a plus
Faunalytics’ team members work Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, in multiple time zones across the Western Hemisphere. While we offer flexibility, we expect all full-time staff to work a regular schedule that includes the core/collaborative hours of 9am-1pm PT / 12pm – 4pm ET, most of the time.
- Reports to: Research Director
- Works closely with: Communications Manager
- Salary: $50,000-$60,000 USD (depending on experience)
- Vacation Package: 10 paid vacation days, 10 paid floating holidays, 10 paid self care/sick days
- Benefits: Health care stipend, vision/dental stipend, equipment stipend, paid professional development opportunities, and retirement matching
- Location: Permanently remote. Note: Faunalytics’ team is currently based in the U.S. and Canada and does not have administrative systems in place outside these countries. Candidates from other countries are still encouraged to apply, but will need to be considered via an employer of record.
- Application Deadline: Apply by May 28, 2023
- In early June shortlisted candidates will be invited to one video interview with two Faunalytics team members.
- Finalists will be invited to a second and final video interview. Finalists will also be asked to complete a short work task. Finalists who are not selected for the role will receive a small stipend for time spent on the task and final interview.
- Target Start Date: July 17, 2023
How to ApplyApplication guidelines: https://faunalytics.org/job-posting-research-liaison/
69 total views, 1 today