Full-Time Research Data Analyst
The Polis Center is looking for an experienced data analyst to join our community analysis team in producing actionable data and research used by nonprofits, community-based organizations, government, and academics for community good.The Polis Center is an applied research center at IUPUI in the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering. Polis makes data actionable for improving community health, equity, and resilience. We build and use information technology and geographically precise data across a variety of domains and sectors to identify and address our community’s most pressing challenges. We are a convener and connector, collaborating with community and academic partners to translate data and research into action. We build capacity in nonprofits, community-based organizations, government, and researchers to use these resources effectively for community good.
From inception, The Polis Center has been guided by core values that include: making a difference, collaboration, developing creative solutions to real-world problems, accountability, integrity, respect, and stewardship. We offer a fun team environment. Our team is passionate about the work we do and we love working together.
The Polis Center places great value on a positive work/life balance.
The Research Analyst performs complex quantitative data analysis, data visualization, and literature review, and summarizes findings for community-facing reports.
- Develops performance indicator reports and creates data indices for use in research and analysis.
- Prepares data visualization, including charts, maps, and graphics for websites and standing reports.
- Prepares specialized content to communicate the significance of analysis results.
- Uses GIS and mapping platforms for spatial analysis and map creation.
- Supports Polis communications efforts through provision of high-quality data, materials, and graphics in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Contributes to quantitative research and evaluation design.
- Presents analysis and visualizations to public audiences.
- Performs complex data collection, data analysis, data management, literature research, technical writing, and reporting in support of research project(s); performs quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Ensures quality control of data and reports findings to federal and other agencies.
- Consults with faculty researchers and research staff and provides input on research project evaluations and research project designs.
- Writes various technical reports, journal articles, and/or develops presentations to disseminate and share research findings.
- Performs various analyses to ensures quality assurance of research findings (data quality, reports, etc.).
- Represents the department with regard to related research and participates in professional development activities and programs.
- Mentors and/or provides guidance to students, faculty, or other staff working on research project(s) through training in related aspects of research techniques and analysis as needed; may provide daily oversight to less experienced staff or student researchers.
- Provides additional research project support as needed.
- Master’s degree (preferably in research-oriented field such as statistics, public health/policy analysis, etc.)
- 3 years in related field
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Strong knowledge and ability to apply qualitative and/or quantitative research skills
- Familiarity with and openness to learn new qualitative and mixed methods
- Knowledge and familiarity with various statistical software
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
This position is grant funded with expected annual renewals. Renewals are contingent on the availability of grant funds.
The salary range for this position is $53,000 to $64,604.
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.
Career Level: Career
Job Function: Research
Job Family: Research Data Analysis
Click here to learn more about Indiana University’s Job Framework.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.
How to ApplyIf you are NOT an IU employee currently, please use the following link: https://hrms.indiana.edu/psp/PH1PRD_PUB/EMPLOYEE/HRMS_PUB/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=1&FOCUS=Applicant&JobOpeningId=305708&PostingSeq=1 Current IU employees should use this link: https://hrms.iu.edu/psp/PH1PRD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_EMP_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Employee&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=305708&PostingSeq=1
46 total views, 1 today