Temporary Registrar – Temporary
Title: Temporary Registrar
Reports to: Middle School Director
When Needed: Immediately – October 16th (with the possibility of an extension)
University Prep is seeking a talented, compassionate and engaging individual to serve as the Registrar until October 16th. There is the possibility that the position could be extended. The Registrar will help us advance our vision of being an inclusive community of learners that provides an outstanding education for each individual in a diverse student population. We are looking for someone who can work effectively independently as well as part of a team. We are looking for staff and faculty who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you. University Prep offers pay competitive with public and independent schools and an excellent work environment. Because this is a temporary position, only mandated benefits will be provided.
Who We Are:
University Preparatory Academy is an independent 6-12 school located in an urban residential section of Seattle, WA, one of the country’s most diverse and dynamic cities. We are a strong and vibrant community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni who collaboratively create an exceptional educational experience for every student. The school is a place of great teaching and joyful learning; a community that joins together to raise up our children to be caring and productive adults; a place where all students and families have equitable access to all the school has to offer, and a place where we aspire for every family and student to feel equally enfranchised and at home. To us, diversity and inclusivity are not addenda, they are embodied in all facets of our school culture. University Prep believes that our shared values of integrity, respect, and responsibility are essential to accomplish our mission of developing each student’s potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
Under minimal supervision, maintains student records, administers graduation policies, produces related data reports and database standards, facilitates data transfer between systems, and works collaboratively with other departments to create and manage educational program data.
Manages student, faculty, and course data records in the school information system (currently Veracross):
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of student personal information, course information, progress reports, course schedules, test scores, co-curricular program participation, progress toward completing graduation requirements, and transcripts
- Manages data integrity through integrity checks and reports, and solves issues found
- Creates and manages online enrollment, re-enrollment, and associated family information forms, in partnership with the enrollment management office
- Checks and finalizes student schedules after master scheduling is complete
- Coordinates production, review, and distribution of transcripts with the college office
- Maintains consistent campus-wide standards for course data entry and maintenance
- Maintains the academic calendar within Veracross
- Manages the school’s relationship with Veracross account representatives for issues within academics, enrollment, and transcripts
- Works with the Director of IT to assess the school’s data needs and recommends changes to the design and uses of information systems to track student, teacher, and course information within the school
- Creates reports on student, course, and faculty data in Veracross to support the educational program
- Creates reports showing trends over time
- Creates reports about educational access and opportunity including disaggregation by demographic markers
- Organizes and shares key and common reports within Veracross
Moves student and faculty data between Veracross and additional information systems:
- Moves educational program data between Veracross and additional systems used in admission, teaching, college counseling, and administration (currently includes Schoology, SCOIR, Naviance, Ravenna, USA Scheduler, Drupal, mySQL, MobileServe, Global Online Academy, and Follett, among others)
- Collects course requests and course scheduling information, prepares the course requests system for the course scheduling process
- Creates and maintains school-defined user groups and profile codes in Veracross, for use in other systems
- Serves as a member of the scheduling team
Provides communication, training and support to students, families, faculty and staff who use educational program information systems:
- Manages access to student information, such as grades, schedules, transcripts, and service hours
- Manages the add/drop process to ensure a clear and effective process for schedule changes that meets student needs within existing constraints
- Communicates course enrollment and graduation requirements and keeps students, families, advisors, and staff informed about student progress
- Trains and supports faculty users to access student, faculty, and instructional program information
- Creates and distributes instructions for students and families to answers questions about how to use Veracross and additional systems
- Trains and supports faculty and staff users to create reports within Veracross and other systems
- Writes and updates the academic data procedures manual
General responsibilities of school employees:
- Vigorously engages in his/her own professional development; is a life-long learner who enhances his/her skills, using state-of-the-art technologies to maintain high standards of performance to efficiently and effectively produce work products
- Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
- Since safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university required; degree in information systems or a related field preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in office administration and/or data management
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient at working with database systems for record keeping, including insert, import, export, query, data standards, and reporting; knowledge of student information systems preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including advanced formulas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of faculty and staff
- Ability to work and communicate well with students and their parents
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Flexibility, maturity and a sense of humor
- Proficient at working in a Microsoft Windows environment (Windows 7 or higher)
- Proficient at using Office (version 2010 or higher)
- Ability to confidently learn new technologies, particularly school-focused systems
- Ability to talk on the phone
- Ability to sit and keyboard up to 8 hours per day
If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you. To apply for the position, please click on the link below:
Thank you for your interest in this position and in University Prep.
Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
How to ApplyPlease apply for the job by going to our employment site.
108 total views, 1 today