SIGN-ON BONUS Available (connect with our Talent Acquisition team on eligibility requirements)
The Registered Nurse (RN) I will work Regular Full-Time Various Shift & Weekend and is accountable for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process.
- The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, delivers, coordinates, integrates, and evaluates nursing care related to patient needs.
- As a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the support of patients through interdisciplinary teamwork and assures that the care provided is consistent with applicable standards, regulations, statutes and state and federal law.
Bassett Healthcare Network follows the New York State and New York State Department of Health COVID-19 vaccine mandates for healthcare workers. This mandate requires COVID-19 vaccinations for personnel working for or on behalf of our hospitals and nursing homes. The New York State mandate allows for medical exemptions and religious accommodations, when appropriate. All candidates who accept an offer from Bassett Healthcare Network will be required to show proof of vaccination as required by New York State.
- Graduation from a Baccalaureate, Associate, OR Diploma Professional Nursing program is required
- Experience in surgical nursing preferred
- Current NYS licensure and registration as Registered Professional Nurse
- Current BLS certification is required
- Ability to assess patient status and take appropriate action is required.
- Demonstrates competency in required nursing skills relevant to practice.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, patients, families, visitors, and professionals.
- Walking, standing, squatting and kneeling required throughout the shift.
- Ability to lift and position patients and equipment required.
- Category I risk exposure as defined by OSHA
- Must be able identify and differentiate colors.
Our commitment to our employees includes benefit programs that are designed to meet the various needs across our employee population.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our network, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through employee contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location and/or position.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related condition), age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, familial status, status a victim of domestic violence, or any other status protected by law.