Full-Time Reentry Service Linkage Worker
The Montrose Center seeks a Reentry Service Linkage Worker responsible for providing incarceration-to-community services in multiple detention facilities in Harris and surrounding counties. Services include conducting/facilitating educational groups (while in custody), mentoring, reentry/discharge planning, referrals to network partner agencies for housing, employment, transportation, and other additional services; assisting with the development of individualized transition/exit plans outlining pre- and post- activities prior to release; service linkage to AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), case management and medical care. This position requires close coordination and communication with internal Prevention and Case Management team members, probation and parole departments, network partners, and other agencies referred to. Must be able to pass a background check for clearance into key facilities. Provides Health Education /Risk Reduction (HERR) services that educate and provide information to releasees about HIV transmission, how to reduce the risk of HIV transmission, ADAP, medical and psycho-social support services, counseling and other local and state resources to help releasees living with HIV improve their health.
· High school diploma or GED. One (1) year experience working with people with chemical dependency disorders and/or HIV/AIDS of which an internship or field placement may be considered.
· Two years experienced in case management working with justice-involved individuals.
· Familiarity with case management systems.
· Knowledge of behavioral health and treatment systems in Houston and the surrounding counties.
· Proficiency in MS Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
· Current driver’s license and auto insurance required.
· Bilingual Spanish preferred.
· If in recovery, no less than two (2) years chemical free.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Email cover letter with salary requirements and résumé in PDF to email@example.com. Résumés sent electronically must be in PDF format in order to be considered. Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of the Montrose Center to recruit, hire, train, compensate and promote staff members on the basis of merit and without discrimination on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, disability, religious preference, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, political affiliation or belief, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
57 total views, 1 today