Full-Time Recreation Programmer
CLASS SUMMARY: Incumbent plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates recreational activities and creates accurate online activity descriptions for patron registration utilizing recreation management software. Responsibilities may include determining recreational offerings; supervising seasonal part-time staff; scheduling the use of facilities; monitoring a budget; maintaining records, and preparing operational reports.
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Plans, implements, instructs, and/or supervises various recreation programs, activities, and special events for youth, adults, and families. Tracks and evaluates programs through performance measures, statistics, and evaluations.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate part-time seasonal program personnel and/or volunteers.
- Creates accurate programming records and reports using the department’s recreation management software and monitors program registration by the public. Communicates with registrants as needed and addresses customer service issues both electronically and in person.
- Assists in publicizing events and programs. Develops and maintains a comprehensive outreach program to attract potential program participants.
- Develops and maintains contact with various community groups, schools, and organizations. Assists in coordinating the Mayor’s Youth Council. Solicits business sponsors, vendors, and donations as needed.
- Maintains financial records and tracks program income and expenditures. Purchases supplies or equipment needed for programs.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
Bachelor’s Degree in parks and recreation or related field and one year of experience in Recreation Programming or an equivalent combination of education and experience to sufficiently perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- Driver’s License;
- Certified Parks & Recreation Professional (CPRP) preferred;
- First Aid/CPR within nine (9) months of hire.
- Knowledge of:
- Intermediate knowledge of customer service principles;
- Recreational programming planning principles and practices;
- Supervisory principles;
- Applicable age-appropriate activities, programs, and materials;
- Basic budgeting principles;
- Recordkeeping practices and principles;
- Computers and related software applications;
- Event planning techniques.
- Providing exceptional customer service;
- Using computers and related software applications;
- Planning, developing, supervising, and managing programs and/or events;
- Monitoring budgets;
- Overseeing recreation program sites, facilities, and equipment;
- Developing promotional materials;
- Prioritizing and assigning work;
- Monitoring and evaluating employees;
- Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service;
- Ability to meet the general public;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships;
- Ability to develop, plan, and manage programming.
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work.
Incumbents in this position will be available on nights, weekends, and select holidays.
Incumbents will be exposed to extreme temperatures and weather. May be exposed to bloodborne pathogens.
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
How to ApplyApply here
502 total views, 0 today