Full-Time Records Training and Evaluation Program Specialist
Are you a Technical Trainer who is an expert with Oregon Criminal Justice systems? Are you driven to help colleagues improve their skills and develop in their careers? Are you a process improvement champion? If so, then this position is for you!
The Department of Community Justice Adult Services Division (ASD) is looking for an experienced trainer and criminal justice database expert to teach the ASD records staff the records management and database processes within the department. This team uses various criminal justice databases, they give quality customer service, and they look for process efficiency, and give support for clients and staff.
As the Records Training Evaluation Program (RTEP) Specialist, you will provide training, coaching and feedback to all ASD records staff as you work to ensure process compliance of work unit practices, policies, State procedures and Interstate Agreements.
We are looking for a Technical Trainer who has expertise in the following areas:
- Develop and maintain customized training materials and curriculum for records staff including new hire, transfers, and continuing education.
- Maintain, review, update, and communicate current business workflow and practices regarding records staff.
- Create, document, implement and monitor training plans for records staff.
- Provide training in criminal justice systems and new technologies pertaining to records staff functions.
- Develop business rules and procedures for use and training of new systems, features, and enhancements to ensure data integrity among records staff.
- Analyze records staff process data for consistency, identifications of training needs, quality control, and adherence to procedures.
- Analyze systems/business practices then create analysis/recommendation documentation.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of new and enhanced systems for department initiatives and business changes.
- Work with business groups in order to develop, implement, and monitor records staff processes.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant. For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
- Two years of work experience doing planning, development and evaluation records staff, to include the development of manuals and training; AND
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in criminal justice, administration of justice, public administration, business administration, or a related field; AND
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation, including being fingerprinted on the first day of employment.
Additional Minimum Qualifications (KSAs):
- Advanced level experience and ability to review processes and data entry work in the various criminal justice systems including Oregon Corrections Information System (CIS), Law Enforcement Data System (LEDS), and eCourts.
- Advanced level experience interpreting and analyzing criminal justice documents.
- Advanced level experience in CIS data entry modules: Admissions, Transfers, Modifications, Permanent and Parenthetical Closures (expiration, warrant, abscond, expirations, unsupervised, bench, etc.) in order to audit records regarding housing history, supervision cycles, and fee billing.
- Advanced level experience evaluating, creating, and implementing CIS training materials and staff training, coaching and team building.
Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify. However, keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain on your application how you meet any of the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills.
How to Applyhttps://multco.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Multco_Jobs/details/Records-Training-and-Evaluation-Program-Specialist_R-9002
174 total views, 0 today