Full-Time Public Health Nurse Supervisor I
ORANGE COUNTY GOVERNMENT
invites applications for the position of:
Public Health Nurse Supervisor I*
SALARY: Depends on Qualifications
OPENING DATE: 03/26/18
CLOSING DATE: 04/09/18 11:59 PM
The Orange County Health Department has an opening for a Public Health Nurse Supervisor I. Under the general supervision of the Public Health Nurse Supervisor II an employee of this class is primarily responsible for the co-management of the medical clinics in the Personal Health Division of the Health Department. Supervises professional and paraprofessional clinic staff while maintaining standards and monitoring budget for assigned program areas. Supervision is exercised over subordinate staff. Does related work as required.
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life, promote the health,
and preserve the environment for all people in Orange County.
Choose a career with Orange County, an award winning Health Department:
Strong team culture
Innovative working environment
Stable work schedule
Tuition reimbursement program up to $1,900 per fiscal year
Annual Performance Award up to $1,000
Generous benefit plan including County Paid Health and Dental Insurance for Employee, 11 paid Holidays, and Government Retirement Plan with supplemental retirement and a matching contribution up to $2,227 annually. To see more information about the benefits offered to employees Click here.
Hiring Range: $59,347 – $78,295 Salary commensurate with education and experience
*This is a safety sensitive position that requires a pre-employment drug test is required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Examples of Essential Functions: Following are examples of typical work activities and responsibilities. The incumbent may be responsible for performing other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned. A position may not include all the work examples given, nor does the list include all that may be assigned.
Supervises professional and paraprofessional clinic staff (i.e. trains, assigns and reviews work and performance, maintains standards, acts on employee issues, and participates with considerable influence in the hiring, firing, promotion, performance appraisal, and salary adjustments of employees);
Assists with developing and implementing policies, procedures and protocols for medical clinic programs;
Assists with clinical program audits;
Assists with planning orientation and training for clinic staff;
Works with co-manager and supervisor to facilitate quality improvement projects;
Determines equipment, supplies and personnel needs; and communicates to the supervisor;
Assists supervisor with data collection and review;
Works with supervisor to develop new projects;
Ability to establish and maintain effective working professional relationships with co-workers, staff and patients;
Adheres to the department’s safety rules and regulations;
May perform other incidental tasks, as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of the principles and practices of public health and public health nursing;
Knowledge of public health laws pertaining to communicable diseases and immunizations;
Knowledge of the treatment, diagnostic, immunization and related medical services for the type of patients in area of assignment;
Knowledge of the dangers inherent in and the precautions to be taken in the use of drugs and other medication;
Knowledge of relevant department, local, state and federal laws, regulations and procedures;
Knowledge of local school systems’ policies and procedures pertaining to health care and treatment;
Knowledge of child abuse and neglect laws;
Knowledge of available resources and agency guidelines;
Skill in decision making and problem solving;
Skill in public and interpersonal relations;
Skill in management, leadership and supervision;
Knowledge of County ordinances and departmental policies and procedures;
Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing;
Ability to demonstrate sound judgment; integrity; resourcefulness; accuracy; thoroughness and the physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 3 years’ public health nursing experience and 1 year supervisory experience; or
Graduation from a School of Professional Nursing and 4 years’ professional nursing experience 3 of which will be in public health and 1 year supervisory experience; or
Equivalent combination of education and experience; and
Valid North Carolina Drive License.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND POSSIBLE HAZARDS
Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational support functions of standing, walking, fingering/typing, talking, sitting, grasping, hearing, reaching and repetitive motions of the hands/wrist/feet.
Ability to perform sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Must possess the visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures, perform accounting and extensive reading and operate a computer terminal.
Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabilities
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
200 South Cameron Street
Hillsborough, NC 27278
PUBLIC HEALTH NURSE SUPERVISOR I*
Public Health Nurse Supervisor I* Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. Orange County is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States after completion of the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9). I understand, that if hired, my employment eligibility will be verified through E-Verify.
* 2. I understand that resumes are welcomed but do not substitute for the work experience section of this application and failure to complete the work experience section will result in an incomplete application, which will not be considered for eligibility. Did you fully complete the work experience section of this application?
* 3. Are you licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the State of North Carolina?
* 4. Please indicate which of the following best describes your nursing education:
Checkbox Master’s Degree in Nursing
Checkbox Master’s Degree in Public Health
Checkbox Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Checkbox Associate’s Degree in Nursing
Checkbox Nursing Diploma
Checkbox Other Degree
5. If you indicated “Other” in the previous question regarding your education please indicated your degree.
* 6. Please indicate your years of work experience in Public Health nursing:
Checkbox No RN work experience
Checkbox Less than 1 year of experience
Checkbox 1 year but less than 2 years experience
Checkbox 2 years but less than 3 years’ experience
Checkbox 3 years but less than 5 years’ experience
Checkbox More than 5 years of experience
* 7. Do you have clinic management experience?
Yes Yes No No
* 8. Please choose the response below that best describes your experience in the application of supervisory techniques and principles, to include work planning, scheduling, assigning, evaluating, recruiting and hiring.
Checkbox I do not have this experience.
Checkbox Less than 1 year of this experience
Checkbox 1 year of this experience, but less than 3 years.
Checkbox 3 or more years of this experience.
* 9. Please describe your supervisory experience. If none, indicate n/a.
* 10. This position requires proficiency in various computer programs including electronic medical records, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. Please list the related programs with which you have worked and for each include your level of proficiency (i.e., basic, intermediate, expert).
* Required Question
How to ApplyAPPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.orangecountync.gov/
55 total views, 1 today