Full-Time Project TRANS Services Navigator
WELCOME TO YOUR CENTER!
Established as a community non-profit in 1972, The Center provides targeted programs and services to the full diversity of the San Diego LGBTQ community. The mission of The Center is to enhance and sustain the health and well-being of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, nonbinary, immigrant, and HIV communities for the betterment of our entire San Diego region. Our vision is to create a Center and Center culture where every person feels and knows that they are welcomed, valued, and supported. As the beacon for our regional LGBTQ community, we actively recommit to being a more vibrant, bold, innovative, safe, and modern center each day than the day before. The Center is sex-positive and provides advocacy and critical health and social support services to support our community members through all stages of life, focusing on our deeply held values of equity, social justice, and client-centered, trauma-informed care. The Center currently has over 75 staff working at five facilities across San Diego County.
As of 04/01/2023, the Center has relaxed its COVID-19 vaccination requirement for employment. New employees are encouraged but not required to be vaccinated. The Centre reserves the right to amend this requirement based on health concerns and/or governmental recommendations to protect the well-being of our community. If this requirement changes, employees will have 30 days to comply.
Under the supervision and support of the Director of Services Integration, this position is designed to support the critical needs of the transgender and nonbinary community (including agender, demi-gender, gender-fluid, two-spirit, genderqueer, intersex, gender nonconforming, questioning, and exploring community). The position will aid clients and community members in accessing various gender-affirming referrals, including medical, insurance, mental health, housing, name & gender marker changes, and more. They will serve as the initial contact with the Project TRANS program at The Center, daily answering inquiries via email, phone, and text. They will be responsible for all data entry for the program, including regularly attending the program’s discussion groups to maintain updated, accurate client information. They will engage with various organizations, conducting outreach for the transgender and nonbinary community and assisting clients in effectively navigating gaps and barriers faced by our gender-expansive community. This individual must work creatively and collaboratively with other departments/programs within The Center and other LGBTQ+ culturally sensitive community partners. This team member must be team-oriented, enthusiastically client-centered, and skilled in accurate documentation and reporting.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct initial assessments with clients who need case management, assisting with any referral eligibility documentation, and elevating any complex cases for assistance from other staff.
• Provide appropriate linkages and referrals to gender-affirming and trans related care/treatment/support in collaboration with internal Center departments and external providers.
• Understand the legal framework of the name and/or Gender-Marker change process in California, as well as be knowledgeable of government agencies on a state and federal level.
• Co-Facilitate the Project TRANS Advisory Committee with the Transgender and Nonbinary Services Manager to create plans of action and resolution for gender minorities here in San Diego.
• Continue to expand the Project TRANS Resource Guide.
Outreach and Event Planning:
• Serve as an ambassador of Project TRANS by actively engaging in outreach and tabling by having a visible presence at LGBTQ+ events hosted by The San Diego LGBT Community Center and partners.
• Assist in the planning and execution of Project TRANS’ events, including Transgender Day of Remembrance, Transtopia: Trans Pride Village, Gender Affirming Clothing Drives, etc.
Administration, Data Entry, and Reporting:
• Gather and maintain accurate documentation of clients’ goals and needs into internal data systems.
• Assist in completing monthly narrative reports for The Center’s Quality Assurance team and external funders.
• Attend discussion and support groups on a quarterly basis in order to ensure accurate, updated demographic information from clients.
• Responsible for working with the Project TRANS team to submit monthly program success stories.
• Assist in administrative duties to support the Project TRANS program, including creating a monthly programmatic calendar, purchases for discussion groups, and more.
• Education and/or Experience: Minimum of 1-year experience serving highly vulnerable and special populations, especially those at high risk of HIV and other STI’s, victims of crime, mental health vulnerabilities, and/or housing insecurity.
• Technology Based Skills: Must be comfortable working in PC/Windows-based environments.
• Language Skills: Fluency in English required.
• Personal Skills: Competence and familiarity in working with a variety of populations, including the LGBTQ+ community. Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Education and/or Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience providing referrals and services to high-risk LGBTQIA2S+ community members.
• Language Skills: Fluency in Spanish is highly preferred.
• Other Skills: Lived experience as a member of a historically under-served community (i.e., communities of color, LGBTQ communities, or immigrant communities, etc.) is highly preferred.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation: The pay range for this position is $20.00 – $22.00 per hour and is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time, Regular, Non-Exempt position.
Benefits: The CENTER offers a robust benefits package, inclusive of Competitive Pay Scales, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with company match), Full Medical, Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic Health Coverage, Out-of-Pocket Optional Coverage for Spouses, Domestic Partners, and Dependent Children, Group Term Life Insurance, Full-time and Part-Time Schedules, Generous Vacation, and Holiday Benefits, Professional Training & Development Experiences, Opportunities for Promotion & Advancement
Please review the current job openings by clicking the button below. If you believe you possess the heart and skills for any of these (or any other) exciting job opportunities, we encourage you to apply. Instructions for how to apply are included in each job announcement. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Diego LGBTQ Community Center is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
How to ApplyPlease submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Subject line: To include the job title you are applying to "Project TRANS Services Coordinator position."
113 total views, 2 today