Full-Time Project Manager, Research Collaboration
This individual has responsibility for project management of research collaborations with external partners. Collaboration agreements with external parties require oversight to ensure they maintain scope, achieve timelines, and produce the deliverables as defined in the agreements. This position will provide that oversight and also manage the working teams that may exist between the external partner and Mallinckrodt resources participating in the research. The individual may also provide project management support for diligence and integration programs as needed.
• Serves as project manager for research collaborations with external parties, ensuring oversight of scope, budget, deliverables and timelines.
• Provides standard reporting of status of research collaboration milestones and progress to leadership
• Facilitates team meetings inclusive of external parties and internal resources involved in conducting the research
• Collaborates with Legal, Finance and Procurement to ensure the budgeting and fiduciary elements of the agreement are executed
• Utilizes key project management tools (Risk Management Plan, Project Plan, Schedule, RACI’s, etc.) to effectively mitigate risks and provide clear direction.
• Helps develop and track key performance metrics for each project.
• Identifies key risks and issues and elevates to leadership appropriately
• Develops the project schedule with the team and establishes stakeholder buy-in to key milestones
• Coordinates with Innovation leadership to review scientific results and adjust program plans accordingly
• Capable of managing multiple programs (up to 6) simultaneously
• Organizes and manages joint steering committees
• Collaborates and communicates effectively with scientific project teams and thought leaders
• Develops processes for tracking, reporting and communicating status of research collaborations
• Facilitates hand-off of research programs to development teams when assets transition from research to clinical development
• Collaborates with Legal and the Innovation leads to ensure that IP generated by research collaborations is recorded and managed
• Updates the Alliance Management team to maintain compliance with collaborative research agreements.
• Provides project management for internal expert groups as needed
• Provides project management support for the Scientific Advisory Council as needed
• Provides project management for S&T diligence programs as needed
• Provides project management for S&T integration programs as needed
Department specific/Non-essential responsibilities:
Leads or supports programs to improve due diligence or integration process improvement initiatives
Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
Experience / Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline
• 5 to 10 years relevant experience in managing scientific programs & teams
• Experience in project leadership of early phase research programs preferred
• Variety of experience in managing external partners including research companies and universities
• Advanced understanding and use of project management tools and systems (proficient in MS Project)
• Intermediate understanding of project management principals
• Exposure and participation in due diligence for business development opportunities
• Intermediate level drug/device development experience.
• Ability to oversee financial budgets and forecasting for development programs
• Exhibits critical thinking and relationship building skills
• Ability to oversee multiple programs at one time
• Demonstrated organizational, planning, and collaboration abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work within a global team
• Able to work across time zones and in different geographies
• Attention to detail
• Big picture orientation
• Pharmaceutical development knowledge
• Project Management Technical Knowledge
• Team building
• Conflict resolution
• Problem solving
How to ApplyIf interested in this role, please visit the link below to apply: https://mallinckrodt.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/MallinckrodtCareers/job/US-Specialty-Brand-Headquarters---USA501/Project-Manager--Research-Collaboration_JR000009881
39 total views, 2 today