Full-Time PROJECT MANAGER, IT PMO – 31472
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT OFFICE (PMO)
235 work days
Salary Range: $75,335-$94,169
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and adheres to DPS’s and the Program Management Office’s (PMO) methodology for the district (Business and IT communities) to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, comply with high quality standards, and meet customer expectations.
– Assumes primary responsibility and project leadership and for facilitating completion and communication on all project deliverables. This includes project charters, phase driven schedules, project timelines and milestones, status reporting, resource plans, budgets, etc.
– Develops and applies objective based change management strategies and communications plans to ensure stakeholders and team members are informed, bought-in, and support expected project outcomes.
– Provides regular, professional, and appropriate communications to project team members, department heads, business sponsors, and senior leadership. Proactively identifies, tracks and resolves issues, risks and dependencies associated with projects managed, and communicates risks and issues to the project team and senior leadership.
– Responsible for planning and managing key aspects of development and implementation of a holistic technology solution, including requirements definition, process re-engineering and design, vendor selection and vendor management, system design, testing, and deployment. Utilizes Software Development Life Cycle methodologies to ensure on time, on budget implementation of technology solutions that align with organizational needs and dependencies.
– Responsible for partnering with organizational leaders to assess strategic goals and alignment on projects, defining and designing operational solutions, defining comprehensive change management strategies, managing the implementation and integration with operational departments, and establishing metrics of long term project success.
– Plans and manages multimillion dollar technology and/or business and operational budgets, including purchase and implementation costs.
– Possess and demonstrates extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, facilitation skills, and change management techniques.
– Works under direction of PMO Director or PMO Portfolio Manager. Responsible for the management of one or more medium to large-sized, moderately to highly complex projects.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– 5 years direct project management experience in work planning, estimating/budgeting, resource planning, risk assessment, expectation management, scope and issue management with complex business and IT projects.
– Experience working with a Project Management Office (PMO), using program and project processes and methodologies, and implementing processes and projects across multiple levels of the organization.
– Previous IT and/or business management consulting experience preferred.
– Ability to influence large, cross-functional teams without direct reporting responsibility.
– Ability to work with and enable decision making at various levels of management throughout the organization.
– Ability to translate customer needs into strategy, technology, and process solutions.
– Systems implementation project experience including requirements gathering, system vendor selection, functional and technical solution design, business process design and workflow, testing and user acceptance, deployment, and organizational change management and communications.
– Ability to multi-task and effectively manage several projects in parallel.
– Stakeholder/sponsor management.
– Attention to detail is essential.
– Experience successfully managing several transformative projects from conception through implementation.
– Strong command of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) and Google enterprise solutions.
– Experience with EPM (“enterprise project management”) solutions a plus.
– Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills.
– A team player that has the ability to motivate the team and drive to project success.
– Interest in education.
– Bachelor’s Degree
The mission of the DPS Department of Technology Services (DoTS) is to be a proactive partner enabling the success of every child. We support the students, families, and staff of Denver Public Schools by providing the infrastructure, tools, data, and support to enable effective educators and efficient operations. Our leading-edge technology work includes delivering custom portals for our students, parents, teachers, and administrators, managing one of the largest networks in the state of Colorado, providing unparalleled levels of customer support, finding new ways to get technology in the hands of our students, and much more. We believe that technology is a positive, enabling force for parent engagement, student engagement, educator effectiveness, operational efficiency, student safety, and student achievement. By joining us, you too will be enabling the success of every child!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyIn order to be considered for this position, you MUST apply through the DPS job board. By using the following link, http://tinyurl.com/y9gpwgcd , you will be led directly to the application.
158 total views, 2 today