Full-Time Project Archaeologist
Project Archaeologist – North Carolina
Richard Grubb & Associates (RGA) is seeking a project archaeologist for its North Carolina Branch Office in Wake Forest. Applicants should be available to travel project sites as necessary for fieldwork duties. Projects will be located primarily in North Carolina and the Southeast region but may occasionally be in other parts of the U.S. and its territories. Prior work experience in North Carolina and the Southeast region is preferred but not required.
At RGA, we promote from within as often as possible and this is an excellent opportunity for an archaeologist looking to build their career on a wide variety of projects at a growing firm that focuses solely on cultural resources.
Project Archaeologist responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize, and manage various levels of archaeological survey, site recordation, monitoring, and other fieldwork duties;
- Supervise crews on a day-to-day basis in all phases of a project;
- Communicate daily with project managers and Senior Archaeologists to ensure that projects are performed within budget and meet project schedules;
- Review and maintain quality control of all fieldand artifact data;
- Author technical reports
Qualified applicants must possess:
- Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field;
- Communication and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work with a staff team;
- At least three years of experience in Cultural Resources Management, overseeing field crews and report writing;
- Experience in identifying, documenting, and evaluating pre-contact and historic artifacts, cultural features, and archaeological sites;
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation;
- Ability to travel;
- Experience using a Trimble Geo7x is preferred.
- The position requires the candidate to traverse up to 10 miles per day for fieldwork and frequently moves equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
This is a full-time position and compensation includes a complete benefits package. Salary is expected to be in the $50,000-60,000 range and is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; group medical, dental, and vision insurance; and a 401k plan with employer contribution. The position would be based at the Wake Forest, North Carolina office with the option for a hybrid work schedule.
RGA is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where a variety of backgrounds, cultures, orientations, ideas, and talents can flourish. RGA is an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RGA is a Drug-Free Workplace. RGA participates in E-Verify. RGA is headquartered in Cranbury, New Jersey, with branch offices in Philadelphia, Raleigh, and Nashville. RGA is a certified SBE/WBE/DBE. More information about RGA can be found at richardgrubb.com.
How to ApplyTo be considered for this opportunity, please email a cover letter, resume/CV detailing education and work experience, references and a writing sample (if available) to: Stephanie Grubb, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
65 total views, 1 today