Full-Time Program Senior Manager
F.Y.R.E (Fierce Youth Reigniting Excellence) Initiative Program Senior Manager
YW Boston works to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. YW Boston is at the vanguard of thought leadership on issues at the intersection of race and gender, helping organizations create more inclusive environments where women, people of color, and in particular, women of color can succeed.
YW Boston invests in our internal culture, including our own racial equity practices. We seek candidates that thrive in adaptive organizations, are comfortable working amidst organizational change, and are excited about helping YW Boston deepen its impact in Boston.
People, Collaboration, Liberation, Courage, Shared Leadership
General Statement of Duties
The F.Y.R.E Initiative Program Senior Manager’s primary responsibility is to develop, implement and manage program activities for YW Boston’s F.Y.R.E Initiative program, a program focused on increasing knowledge about racial and gender equity, self-advocacy, and community advocacy through leadership opportunities. Primary responsibilities include ensuring that the program model aligns with YW Boston’s Theory of Change, developing, measuring, and evaluating program outcomes, facilitating one-time workshops, overseeing the recruitment of F.Y.R.E Initiative Program student delegates and volunteers, developing new relationships with potential schools and community organizations, and supervising the F.Y.R.E Initiative Coordinator.
We use girl as a term to include anyone, including transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming people, whose key gender identity, experience and internal perception on the spectrum of gender, is woman or girl.
The successful candidate will exhibit a deep understanding of the underlying factors that lead to racial and gender inequities for girls and positive youth development. They will be strategic thinkers who are goal oriented, intellectually curious, able to offer creative ideas and have a good sense of humor. This is a wonderful opportunity for someone looking to truly make an impact for girls in Boston.
The F.Y.R.E Initiative Senior Program Manager will report to the Chief Programs Officer.
The successful F.Y.R.E Initiative Program Senior Manager will achieve the following outcomes:
- Manage team to meet aggressive revenue and recruitment goals
- Ensure program participants meet outcomes goals around knowledge and attitude changes and successfully complete Community Action Projects
Program Development & Implementation
- Provide thought leadership to ensure that the F.Y.R.E Initiative Program aligns with YW Boston’s Theory of Change and best practices in girls leadership development
- Annually achieve or exceed F.Y.R.E Initiative Program revenue goals and program outcomes
- Design and execute a curriculum for F.Y.R.E Initiative Program
- Develop a methodology by which to assess the success of community action projects and ensure projects are implemented by all delegations
- Facilitate workshops on issues of equity and leadership development
- Regularly assess, measure, and evaluate girls development outcomes through a data-driven approach including but not limited to survey tools
- Hire, train, and supervise F.Y.R.E Initiative Program staff and interns
- Develop and manage F.Y.R.E Initiative Program budgets
- Manage contractual and billing activities, with the involvement of the Operations and Finance teams, to ensure 100% tuition collections
- Develop contacts and collaborative working relationships with schools, youth-serving organizations, and as well as local and state policymakers
- Support YW Boston fund development efforts as needed.
- 6+ years of direct experience in girls development and programming and experience in direct management including the ability to coach, develop, and motivate others to achieve outcomes
- Demonstrated commitment to YW Boston’s mission to promote racial, gender and social equity
- Proven ability to set program outcomes and use a data-driven approach to measure program effectiveness
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and a workstyle that is organized, entrepreneurial, innovative and risk-taking
- Excellent project management skills with an ability to set priorities, multi-task, and follow through to completion
- Strong relationship management skills and experience in fostering a team approach to girls development and creating successful collaborations among partner organizations
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Openness to learning and willingness to give and receive feedback
- Enthusiasm, positive sense of humor and can-do attitude
- Proficiency in Spanish language preferred
- Advocacy experience a plus
- Must be able to travel around Greater Boston via public transportation, Zip Car, Lyft, and/or personal car
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours a must
Additional Organization Responsibilities
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures for maintaining organizational culture and transparency, including use of regularly scheduled progress meetings with Chief Programs Officer, team meetings, scheduling, e-mail and other communications platforms.
- Positively represent the organization in all interactions with the public.
- Support YW Boston fund development through participation in education, outreach, cultivation and stewardship efforts.
- Participate in organization events and perform additional tasks assigned by the Chief Programs Officer and/or President & CEO
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. Annual salary range is $69,850-$75,625. Compensation is based on the overall number of years of experience as well as relevant experience to the position. Salary scales are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting ranges for each role.
YW Boston provides employees a generous benefits package, including generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, flexible schedule options, life insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, accidental death, and a 403(b) retirement savings plan.
How to ApplyYW Boston is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status, or to other non-work-related factors. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. At this time, YW Boston is not able to offer employment VISA sponsorships. YW Boston strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We recognize that people from structurally marginalized groups often only apply to jobs if they meet 100% of the qualifications, despite the reality that applicants rarely ever meet 100% of the qualifications. If this position aligns with your experience and interests, please apply! Send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place the subject title "FYRE Initiative Program Senior Manager" in the headline of your email. No phone calls, please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
361 total views, 0 today