Full-Time Program Manager, Training & Community Development
Program Manager, Training & Community Development
About Global Ties U.S.
Global Ties U.S. powers individuals, communities, and nations to build trust and advance peace and prosperity through international exchange. Through our Network of citizen ambassadors – the country’s most established and largest – we connect more than 90 communities across the United States to the world through international exchange. Each year, our local members welcome thousands of international leaders in civil society, government, and the private sector into their communities, building alliances to tackle our toughest transnational challenges and enriching U.S. communities, both socially and economically.
The Program Manager for Training & Community Development works closely with a wide range of stakeholders to design and implement programs, events, and resources to support member needs and the various educational programs organized by Global Ties U.S. to meet the ever evolving environment of public diplomacy and international exchanges. Our educational programs consist of both in-person and online opportunities with topics ranging from nonprofit management, international exchange program administration, foreign policy, diversity and inclusion, and more.
This is an opportunity to work with the United States’ most-established citizen diplomacy network in ensuring that all U.S. citizens can be part of foreign affairs and international exchange.
Reports to: Senior Program Manager, Training and Community Development.
This position is designed to help strengthen the capacity of Global Ties U.S. members — the United States’ most-established citizen diplomacy network — by providing them with professional development programs and resources. The position will work closely with the Senior Program Manager, Training and Community Development, to develop, implement, and assess a training content strategy and to make sure that all planned activities align with the larger schedule for professional education of Global Ties U.S. members. This role will have a special focus on diversity and inclusion content management and Network engagement. Specifically, this person will oversee the administration of the Global Ties Network DEIA Working group and support the implementation of key learning events for the Global Ties Network, both virtually and in person.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Support the execution of educational and training events including National Meeting, Diplomacy Begins Here Summits, Learning Labs, and National Programmers Workshop, including managing and coordinating with relevant committees and stakeholder groups, assisting with the management and selection of vendors and contractors, and developing, evaluating, and preparing session materials and evaluations.
- Lead the development, implementation, and assessment of webinars, online courses, and other virtual educational
- Identify, recruit, and serve as a liaison for internal and external subject matter experts.
- Lead the administration and project management of the Global Ties Network DEIA Working Group and sub-group taskforces including scheduling meetings, setting agendas, ensuring deliverables are met on time, conducting evaluations, supporting staff transitions, member recruitment, and new member onboarding.
- Develop, maintain, and promote utilization of the professional development resources in our online Member Portal and through our various communications channels.
- Review and edit learning materials to promote accessibility.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience relevant to this position.
- Experience conceptualizing, planning, implementing, and/or supporting training design and educational opportunities for adult learners with a wide range of abilities.
- Must have strong project management skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and manage numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Must have strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience with the Global Ties Network is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Mission-driven organization
- Collaborative, flexible environment
- Salary range: $65,000-$70,000
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Long-term / Short-term disability insurance
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Thrive Account Reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid leave policies (vacation, sick, personal, parental, family medical, etc.)
- Mobile phone use reimbursement ($50/month)
- Must be able to work a hybrid work schedule – in the office Wednesday and Thursday each week.
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.
How to ApplyYou can apply for this role here.
42 total views, 0 today