Full-Time Program Manager, Community Inclusion
Program Manager, Community Inclusion
About Global Ties U.S.
Global Ties U.S. powers individuals, communities, and nations to build trust and advance peace and prosperity through international exchange. Through our Network of citizen ambassadors – the country’s most established and largest – we connect more than 80 communities across the United States to the world through international exchange. Each year, our local members welcome thousands of international leaders in civil society, government, and the private sector into their communities, building alliances to tackle our toughest transnational challenges and enriching U.S. communities, both socially and economically.
The Program Manager for Community Inclusion for the Global Ties Network supports the organization’s Network-wide efforts to promote greater diversity and inclusion within their organizations and exchange programming, consistent with the diversity mandate of the Fulbright-Hayes Act. The manager works closely with a wide range of stakeholders to assess and implement the educational and programming needs to meet the ever evolving environment of diversity and inclusion with public diplomacy and international exchanges. They also work with a standing Global Ties Network Working Group to ensure regular, efficient outputs and outcomes to advance diversity and inclusion in our professional community and U.S. communities within our Network.
This is an opportunity to work with the United States’ most-established citizen diplomacy network in ensuring that all U.S. citizens can be part of foreign affairs and international exchange.
Reports to: Senior Program Manager, Training and Community Development
This position is designed to help increase the capacity of Global Ties U.S. member organizations through our professional development work, with a special focus on meaningful advancement for diversity and inclusion opportunities within organizations and programs. The position is charged with the administrative management of the Global Ties Network’s working group on diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility and seeing through its deliverables in partnership with the U.S. Department of State. Specifically, they will oversee scheduling, agenda setting, and evaluations for the regular meetings of the Working Group and its Executive Committee; manage staff transitions within the Working Group including recruitment and onboarding; be the staff point of contact for subject matter expert consultants; and develop and implement content for Network meetings, summits, workshops, and other events and activities. Additionally, this role will support the implementation of key learning events for the Global Ties Network, both virtually and in person. This role will work closely with the Senior Program Manager for Training and Community Development to make sure that all planned activities align with the larger schedule for professional education of our member network.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Lead the administration of the Global Ties Network’s working group on diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility and keep it on track to deliver meaningful outcomes each year.
- Facilitate the implementation of the working group’s ideas via Global Ties U.S. programs and communication channels.
- Support the execution of diversity and inclusion-focused learning opportunities at all member-serving events, including National Meeting, Diplomacy Begins Here Summits, Learning Labs, and National Programmers Workshop.
- Lead the development of webinars, online courses, member onboarding trainings, and other educational programs around diversity and inclusion.
- Lead the development of webinars around a broad range of topics.
- Support the implementation of key learning events for the Global Ties Network around topics of nonprofit management, international exchange, program administration, and more.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum three years of professional experience in community or volunteer management, program administration, and/or instructional design.
- Experience designing, planning, implementing, and/or facilitating training and educational opportunities for professionals.
- Experience and training with diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility best practices for organizations and/or programs.
- Experience in developing training opportunities for a wide range of audiences and abilities.
- Must have strong project management skills with an ability to prioritize tasks and manage numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Must have strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
Salary and Benefits
- Mission-driven organization
- Collaborative, flexible environment
- Salary range: $65,000-$70,000
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Long-term / Short-term disability insurance
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Thrive Account Reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- Generous paid leave policies (vacation, sick, personal, parental, family medical, etc.)
- Mobile phone use reimbursement ($50/month)
- Must be able to work a hybrid work schedule – in the office Wednesday and Thursday each week.
Global Ties U.S. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here.
How to ApplyYou can apply for this role here.
261 total views, 3 today