Full-Time Program Intervention Specialist
About the agency. Women’s Center & Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh (WC&S) is a comprehensive domestic violence program annually serving over 7,700 adult and child survivors of domestic violence & facilitating an intervention program to nearly 300 people who use abuse. We are advocates, grounded in fostering a community of safety, healing, and empowerment for anyone affected by domestic violence. Our mission is to strengthen our ability to meet the individual and evolving needs of those affected by domestic violence by investing in the growth of our people, deepening community engagement, and amplifying the voices of all survivors. All staff learn about and support the organization’s mission, vision, and values of Safety, Uplifting Others, Compassion, Courage, Equity, Survivor-Centered Advocacy, and Stewardship (SUCCESS). In addition, the principles of Sanctuary (a model for providing trauma informed care) and continuous improvement infuse all aspects of the organization.
About the role. As a MENS Program Intervention Specialist, you will use your counseling and group facilitation skills to help men understand healthy stress coping skills while motivating and coaching them to adopt non-abusive behaviors. You will plan for and facilitate intervention groups, conduct intake appointments, make appropriate referrals for additional assistance, and attend quarterly Batterer’s Intervention Program (BIP) collaborative meetings.
This role provides you with the opportunity to showcase your group facilitation skills and the ability to contribute to the organization’s mission in a variety of ways. The successful candidate will be motivated to model self-care and a healthy socioemotional lifestyle for men and have experience facilitating groups. If you are passionate about working with men to end abusive behaviors, we are eager to hear from you. WC&S will offer you an environment that provides endless opportunities to advance your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Here’s what you will do:
- Plan for and facilitate intervention groups (primarily with a co-facilitator) for men who use abusive tactics within intimate partner relationships either in person or via telephone
- Conduct intake appointments with participants
- Maintain accurate and thorough records and submit all tracking and participant data in a timely manner following established protocol
- Attend professional training as required
- Refer participants for additional assistance as needed
- Attend BIP collaborative meetings as scheduled by the Department of Human Services (DHS)
- This position requires being available (not exceeding) 40 hours per week, including Monday through Friday afternoons/evenings, and Saturdays from 9:00a to 2:00p
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, education, or related field required (commensurate experience will be considered)
- Clinical experience and/or background in psychology, social work, or group facilitation required; counseling skills preferred
- Experience as a group facilitator and understanding of group dynamics required
- Willingness to learn and work with the Allegheny County Domestic Violence court system
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A demonstration of the understanding of abusive family dynamics, including intimate partner violence, cycle of abuse, power and control dynamic, cultural diversity issues, and child abuse and neglect
- Ability to establish healthy boundaries, trust, respect, and rapport with others
- Ability to understand and adhere to strict confidentiality and safety procedures
- Strong command of general technology, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite is required; familiarity and understanding of information technology, including Salesforce, Tableau, and Teams strongly preferred
- Desire to work in an organization committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as part of its values
- Act 33/34 and FBI Clearances required
Typical Starting Salary: $36,000/year
About the benefits. WC&S offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including generous paid time off; health, vision, and dental insurance; short term and long-term disability coverage; group life insurance; retirement plan with employer matching; Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; Headspace meditation and mindfulness app subscription; Access Perks membership; paid training and professional development opportunities; and is a Public Service [Student] Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligible employer.
WC&S is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that both applicants and employees are treated without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, ancestry, place of birth, hairstyle, age, disability, using guide or support animals for a disability, genetic information (including family medical history), familial status, citizenship status, military service, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
How to ApplyTo ensure consideration for an interview, please send a resume and cover letter via email with the subject line “MENS Program Intervention Specialist” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
53 total views, 0 today