Part-Time Program Evaluation Specialist
WHO ARE WE?
Young Storytellers sparks creative self-discovery through storytelling. Our programs highlight young people as the center of their own narratives, emphasize that their stories matter, and celebrate their unique voices as the ones telling them. Young Storytellers works towards a future where young people experience the impact that their thoughts, feelings, and words can have on the world in which they live.
In elementary school, students work with an adult mentor one-on-one to write scripts that are entirely their own, then actors perform those for the students live at an assembly. In middle school, students work in small groups with a mentor to create monologues about challenges they face and then actors perform those pieces. In high school, students write Public Service Announcements (or PSA scripts) in groups to address the most important issue facing their self-identified communities. We then bring in actors – you guessed it – to perform their work.
WHAT IS THIS POSITION?
The Program Evaluation Specialist is an integral part of our Young Storytellers team. They manage the process of inputting all of our program data into our database, and ensure data integrity by respecting sensitive information and being detail-oriented. They always have a grasp on the current state of each of our 60+ program sites, and speak up in meetings with the most up to date information. This position assists with evaluating our programs by creating detailed reports from surveys, visit forms, and any other feedback we get on our programs. They oversee the administration of all surveys for all programs at Young Storytellers. This is an ideal position for a graduate student with a strong interest in program evaluation through data analytics who is studying non-profit management. Young Storytellers is a dynamic environment where flexibility, humor, and openness are integral to our success.
COOL, BUT LET’S GET SPECIFIC. WHAT’S INVOLVED IN THIS JOB?
● Oversee administration of all program surveys
● Track collection of student paperwork for all school sites
● Input all student paperwork into the database
● Track volunteer recruitment for all school sites in the database
● Manage weekly reminders for team members on data collection
As Needed Responsibilities:
● Create bi-weekly reports on program visits and check-ins
● Lead bi-weekly meetings to discuss program visits and check-ins
● Design extensive summary reports on program feedback
● Innovate suggestions based on data research
● Analyze student data and survey responses
AM I A GOOD FIT FOR THIS POSITION?
The Program Evaluation Specialist thrives off always knowing the most up to date information and sharing that with the team. They enjoy playing with data in order to better programs and know how to make strong suggestions that are based on numbers and facts. They have an understanding of the nonprofit sector and are able to solve challenges that might arise from the typical day-to-day in a non-profit environment. They are exceptionally organized and work well in a group dynamic.
Other desired qualifications are:
● Experience with database management;
● Strong written and verbal communication skills;
● Strong organization;
● Ability to work effectively and in collaboration with diverse groups of people;
● Self-directed work ethic;
● Experience with Google Suite;
● Long-term interest in working in the non-profit sector;
● Problem-solving approach to work;
● Curiosity and an interest in growth;
● Demonstrated experience with handling sensitive information;
WHAT IS MY COMPENSATION FOR THIS POSITION?
You will be expected to be in the office (located in the Arts District) for 4 days a week, 20 hours per week, for $20 an hour. In general, you will be needed: 10am – 3pm for 4 days a week. This position starts September 2019 and runs until December 2019, with possible extension until June 2020 based on job performance. You will be reimbursed for mileage and parking, and have 24 hours of sick leave.
How to ApplyOK, I'M IN. HOW DO I APPLY? Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Evaluation Specialist / LAST NAME” ● Resume ● Cover letter ● Write about a time you used data in order to rationalize a suggestion you had ● Attach a report/ debrief you designed on a data set (OPTIONAL)
38 total views, 1 today