Temporary Program Coordinator, Policy Connect
Program Coordinator, Policy Connect
San Francisco, CA, US
Requisition ID: 1177
Tides is a philanthropic partner and nonprofit accelerator dedicated to building a world of shared prosperity and social justice. Tides works at the nexus of funders, changemakers, and policy, with extensive impact solutions including philanthropic giving and grantmaking, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, and policy initiatives. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own.
Program & Position Background:
The Program Coordinator will play a pivotal administrative role in supporting the work of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) and a select group of its Healthy Children and Families (HCF) policy grantess to develop a cohesive network strategy in order to facilitate ongoing alignment, collaboration and integration of policy-focused work. Tides manages Policy Connect, which serves as a space for HCF policy grantees to connect, learn and collectively implement the rools and resources available to significantly improve health outcomes for children and families.
This is a full-time position that can be based in Tides’ San Francisco offices or in the Washington D.C. area. This is a grant-funded position with funding through November 2020. Position extension beyond November 2020 will be dependent upon grant funding and program needs.
This job is for you if:
- You have a passion for social justice issues, including health equity and creating opportunities for all children and families to reach their full potential.
- You have an interest in issues related to health equity, public health, and public policy.
- You are skilled at providing logistical and administrative support to internal and external partners, both in-person and virtually.
- You are interested in engaging with innovative national organizations working to promote health equity.
- You are able to build trusting relationships, both in-person and virtually, with diverse stakeholders. You listen to understand and can anticipate needs.
- You take initiative and can work both independently and in coordination with internal and external stakeholders. You can juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- You are highly organized and have an eye for details. You see how the many pieces fit to make a bigger picture.
The right candidate will be willing and able to:
- Maintain and suggest improvements to communications and technology platforms (currently WordPress website and Mailchimp email marketing) to ensure accurate and current information to support grantee engagement and interaction.
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting support to users, including maintaining user guides and remotely training users.
- Develop communications and other written materials to provide updates and highlight grantee accomplishments, resources, and upcoming network events. This position will have opportunities to help shape the ongoing strategy for network engagement.
- Manage logistics and communications for in-person and virtual events, including securing meeting space, A/V and catering orders, communicating agendas and details, sending and maintaining calendar invites, tracking RSVPs, managing virtual conferencing/webinar technology, and taking notes.
- Create and maintain contact lists and other project management tools.
- Collect, submit and track invoices and other financial documents and contracts for processing and payment.
- Support other program-related special projects and duties, as requested.
- Experience and interest in issues related to health equity, public health and public health policy.
- Basic understanding of nonprofit operations, including finance, compliance, and administration.
- Strong professional communication skills and customer service orientation, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work and develop relationships with individuals from national organizations, who represent different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives. Enthusiastic about making and facilitating new connections.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with ability to effectively prioritize among different tasks with competing deadlines.
- Comfort with learning and utilizing technology. Demonstrated experience helping others troubleshoot and learn new technology systems.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in coordination with cross-functional teams.
- Personal resonance with Tides’ Vision, Mission and Approach.
- Strong interest and/or demonstrated experience in health equity, public health, or health/education policy preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in process and project management; ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
- Experience working at a nonprofit organization, preferably with a client or customer-focused organization.
- Experience with updating and adding content to WordPress or similar web platforms. Basic HTML knowledge helpful
- Proficiency with Zoom, Outlook, Google Suite, NetSuite, and/or Mailchimp or similar tools helpful.
- 2-5 years of relevant programmatic, administrative, or event planning experience.
- Experience working virtually with remote and external partners preferred.
- B.A./B.S. or higher degree in public health, public policy or related area. Relevant work experience may be substituted for a college degree.
Get to know the team:
The Special Initiatives team is a small but mighty cross-functional team within Tides’ Client Services department. This team is responsible for managing collaborative and other consulting initiatives at Tides to support foundations, businesses, governments, nonprofits and individuals to drive innovative social change. We work closely with colleagues across various departments at Tides including Client Services, Grants, Strategic Partnerships, Finance, Legal and others to help bring bold visions to life.
How to ApplyApplication Instructions: Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply. Equal Employment Opportunity: Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Applicants with Disabilities: Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
880 total views, 0 today