Full-Time Program Assistant – Adult Basic Education (ABE)
Perform the full-range of specialized clerical and technical duties in support of the Adult Basic Education (ABE) department.
- Provide technical support and perform a full-range of clerical duties in support of the Adult Basic Education (ABE) department. Duties include answering correspondence, report preparation, processing a variety of documents, opening and distributing office mail as appropriate. Handle multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously and makes decisions independently according to established guidelines. Develop, maintain, and update office procedure manuals. Receive incoming telephone calls; welcome visitors; direct callers and visitors to appropriate personnel. Respond to questions and provide information to students and the public.
- Process applications, contracts, student records and/or forms by verifying information, entering data into computer system, securing appropriate signatures, forwarding to other departments and/or agencies for processing, notifying students and/or employees of their status in the process of requesting additional information according to established policies and procedures. Assist in implementing program related activities, special sessions or schedules, seminars and workshops in support of the program or area assigned. May be required to interact with administration, program clientele and/or other members of the general public.
- Retrieve, receive, and compile data from several sources, compare information to verify its completeness and prepares informational and/or statistical reports detailing requisite data according to established guidelines. Organize and transmit information electronically to other agencies and/or departments for processing
- Track current budget or other fiscal data by posting and/or recording information into various computer programs. Track and monitor office supplies/materials. Process new and/or replenishment orders. Participate in developing bid requests, analyzing and selecting vendors. Order necessary materials and supplies for program and office activities. Gather and compile financial and statistical information for various reports in accordance with established guidelines. Compare data from several sources to ensure report accuracy.
- Establish and maintain specialized databases; enter and retrieve data and ensure accuracy of database records. Create special forms, charts and reports using word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Assist the Program Director in the preparation of catalogs and brochure for promotional mailings. Obtain mailing lists from appropriate sources, schedule mailing of informational materials, and provide recommendations on program and/or operational modifications or changes to enhance program activities. Assist in the implementation of marketing the program. Assist in gathering and preparing materials for pertinent mailings/meetings. Design, update, and submit web page modifications
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include participating in committee assignments and the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associate’s Degree (60 credits) and two (2) years of applicable experience – or – four (4) years of applicable experience in lieu of education.
SALARY: $18.63 – $19.75 per hour (dependent upon qualifications)
DEADLINE: Thursday June 22, 2023
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
The level of background verification for this position is: Basic
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of specific processes, policies, and procedures of office management and workflow procedures to include effective management of workload, i.e. prioritizing, and organizing work.
- Knowledge and skill in various word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and integrated information software, systems, and associated hardware, e.g. personal computers.
- Knowledge and skill in Access, Quark, Publisher, Photoshop Elements, web design and other unique software.
- Skill in gathering, compiling, and presenting information in oral and/or written form.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written; must have outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skill as applied to interaction with culturally diverse populations, college administrators, faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in accomplishing tasks.
- Ability to analyze situations, develop solutions, and make independent decisions based on established guidelines.
- Skill in processing a variety of financial and non-financial transactions, verify accuracy, match against documentation, code to proper account, prepare necessary forms or reports, post transactions, and reconcile and retrieve information as needed.
- Knowledge and skills in the techniques of desktop publishing used in designing program brochures, marketing materials, flyers, advertisements and newsletters pertaining to the program, and marketing practices used in promoting programs.
- Skill in developing, implementing and evaluating major publications, creating, composing, and editing written materials.
- Knowledge and skill in the principles and practices of graphic design, writing and editing principles, practices and techniques, and planning, organizing, and coordinating multiple graphic production activities.
- Knowledge and skill media placement and graphic design concepts, principles and practices of marketing, basic photography, printing and placement of photographs for publishing, and media presentations.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
How to ApplyApplicants interested in applying should visit the following link: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/centralaz/jobs/4071782/program-assistant-adult-basic-education-abe
227 total views, 0 today