Full-Time Program and Operations Associate
The Program and Operations Associate, Strategic Initiatives reports to the Associate Director, Strategic Initiatives and is responsible for the following:
ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS & CAPACITY-BUILDING
- Coordinate special projects across the Organizational Effectiveness team and provide project management support for organization-wide initiatives as needed.
- Coordinate with program staff and the Organizational Effectiveness team to support organizational alignment and efficiencies with a focus on specific programs and special projects.
- Identify and/or support areas for improved efficiency across URJ programs; create and/or implement tools to increase staff effectiveness; and assist with logistical and administrative processes as needed.
- Build relationships with diverse stakeholders, program teams, and functional departments across the URJ to foster meaningful partnership on program initiatives.
- Support virtual programming and initiatives for diverse stakeholders across the organization, including managing RJ on the Go and other virtual event platforms
- Coordinate operational and logistical support for priority programs, including but not limited to creating planning timelines, coordinating request for proposal (RFP) processes for hotel and event venues, and coordinating contractors to support program implementation.
- Organize behind-the-scenes support for events and gatherings, including but not limited to procurement, transportation management, catering coordination, and communications.
- Identify areas for goal alignment (including URJ’s commitment to Racial Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion/REDI), cost-savings, and improvement in program design and delivery across the URJ to increase program effectiveness.
To be successful in this job, you excel in the following areas:
- Creative and Critical Thinking. Team player who is curious and always seeks to understand the “why” of projects and problems. Ability to understand competing viewpoints and build consensus.
- Project Management. Self-motivated and able to manage multiple competing interests. Plan and execute projects from conception to implementation. Troubleshoot problems and challenges. Deliver (and often maintain) the end-product or service. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Event Management. Experience with in-person and virtual event management.
- Tech Savvy. Software competency in the Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
- Flexibility. Ability to be flexible and to take changes in stride and respond accordingly. The Organizational Effectiveness team works to embrace challenges as opportunities, be comfortable with evolving responsibilities, and stay nimble, agile, and solutions-focused.
- Keen Eye for Details. Attention to details and organizational systems with an eye towards streamlining systems and improved effectiveness. The OE team supports others to make things better – we like to get things done and done well.
- Interpersonal Skills and Communication. Effective oral and written communication skills and able to utilize different forms of relevant media. Ability to communicate with various groups of people throughout the projects, from staff to vendors, team members, and other managers inside and outside of the organization. Able to train others in systems and processes.
- REDI Experience (Racial Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion). Demonstrated experience prioritizing and executing on Racial Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (i.e., ableism, LGBTQ+ Inclusion, antiracism, etc.) priorities.
- Be present at in-person and virtual event experiences, as needed.
How to ApplyPlease include a one-page cover letter along with your resume, outlining your skills and experience and how you meet the essential functions and qualifications of the position. We look forward to hearing from you!
354 total views, 0 today