Full-Time Product Development Assistant
Warby Parker is searching for a Product Development Assistant to support the creation and sourcing of our frames. In this role, you’ll work across departments to translate our Designers’ sketches into finished products—all while optimizing cost, quality, and lead time. You’ll also be integral in helping Warby Parker execute our vendor strategy for frame and raw materials that aligns with our ambitious growth targets. We’ll count on you to facilitate vendor development, negotiations, sourcing, production management, and metrics reporting to evaluate vendor performance. Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience in development and strategic sourcing. Sound right up your alley? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage vendor relationships through end-to-end product lifecycle of both new product and core business, from development to bulk delivery
- Issue and track purchase orders (POs) to ensure on-time, in-full deliveries that pass pre-production and production quality approvals, and problem solve for any delays
- Prepare monthly vendor forecasts in close collaboration with Planning and Overseas Operations to direct material stocking and support strategic vendor capacity conversations
- Support new product development launches while driving cost optimizations through bill of materials (BOM) management, cost breakdown analysis, order placement, sample tracking, and production management
- Contribute to gathering and reporting out vendor key performance indicators (KPIs) to inform our vendor scorecards, internal team performance goals, and future strategies
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders from our Design, Merchandising and Planning, Supply Chain, and Finance teams
Who you are:
- Backed by 2–4 years of relevant product development and sourcing experience
- An excellent communicator (in groups big and small) with strong interpersonal skills
- Excited about product design with an eye for the details that will delight our customers
- Motivated to learn, ask effective questions, and balance differing viewpoints to reach the best resolution
- Familiar with working with international vendors (you understand the cultural, regulatory, commercial, operational, and logistical implications of managing day-to-day operations within that setting)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, and comfortable with learning and using Google Drive and Adobe applications
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience in eyewear product development and sourcing
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)
How to Applyhttps://grnh.se/5d017d8a1us
772 total views, 0 today