Full-Time Probate and Estate Paralegal
Lane Powell PC, a well-established law firm in downtown Portland, is seeking an experienced paralegal to join its Private Client Services Practice Group. Paralegals in the highly collaborative Private Client Services Practice Group perform a range of duties by supporting efforts between attorneys, clients, other legal counsel, family offices, corporate and private fiduciaries, wealth advisors, taxing authorities, probate court, other governmental entities, and other third parties.
The candidate selected will provide assistance to attorneys and clients in all aspects of estate and trust planning and administration. Responsibilities include: drafting estate planning documents; all aspects of trust, estate, and guardianship administration, including maintaining beneficiary information, scheduling distributions, processing gifts, and the receipt of new trust assets; preparing fiduciary accountings and court-required reports; researching local law from various jurisdictions relating to fiduciaries and beneficiaries, estate tax, and probate issues; preparing documents to probate and administer estates; preparing estate tax returns; preparing documents to administer trusts; and attending client meetings and maintaining frequent client contact for administration matters.
Minimal Candidate Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate (equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree)
• 6 years’ experience in estate planning and/or trust administration in a law firm
• Strong math skills
• Working knowledge of federal and State transfer taxes
• Strong organizational and file management skills
• Problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong proofreading skills
• Ability to meet all required deadlines with minimum supervision
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Mastery of Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Income, estate, and gift tax return preparation experience (familiarity with Gillett Estate Management Suite a plus)
• Document drafting experience
• Experience supporting fiduciary litigation
Lane Powell PC is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications for employment from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. If you need reasonable accommodations to apply for any position, please let us know. All employment decisions, practices, and procedures are carried out without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, genetic information, political ideology, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other applicable legally protected status. This policy applies to all personnel activities including employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, and termination.
How to ApplyPlease send cover letter and resume to Debra Bolton: firstname.lastname@example.org
90 total views, 2 today