Full-Time Principal, External Reporting – Belgian Statistics (Schema A)
The BNY Mellon SA/NV Finance department is a team of 20+ professionals based in Brussels, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Milan, Luxembourg and Dublin, which provides financial accounting services. It is a specialist function responsible for the books and records of the EMEA legal entities, regulatory & statutory reporting and ensuring a robust control environment. It is part of the EMEA Finance department which consists of approximately 200 finance professionals spread across EMEA, plus offshore support in Chennai
The BNY Mellon SA/NV Regulatory reporting team is a dedicated team within Finance responsible for producing internal and external regulatory reporting returns for BNY Mellon SA/NV.
Job Purpose/ Responsibilities:
- Understanding, oversight of production and review of Belgian local statistical returns reporting for BNYM SANV at consolidated and individual level. Including Schema A, Securities statistics, other statistics and local surveys.
- Understanding, oversight of production and review of SHS reporting
- Understanding, oversight of production and review of internal deliverables related to Belgian statistics.
- Work in a strong operational control environment for data production and reporting e.g. certification, analytical review and checklists are carried out to the required level. Adherence to regulatory governance policies
- Work with other functional and business areas such as Corporate Treasury, Risk and Compliance, Legal and Business line management in the production of regulatory returns.
- Provide support to the projects to support the business in its objectives as regards to regulatory reporting and compliance with new regulatory rules and advisory work on business changes and restructures.
- Provide support to the manager supporting the business and business partners departments on the impact of new business and new regulatory rules
- Other: Stay abreast of legislative and regulatory developments, as well as maintain their knowledge of External Reporting requirements and procedures. Perform other functions as required from time-to-time.
- Accounting and local Belgian regulatory statistics knowledge
- Deadline driven with a strong attention to detail
- Familiarity (or ability to quickly develop familiarity) with Be regulatory regulation
- Ability to analyse large quantities of financial data, formulate conclusions and communicate these persuasively
- Experience of a fast moving, complex, highly controlled, multi-national/ functional organization
- Analytical with an inquisitive/challenging mind set
- Advanced Excel and financial modelling skills
- Experience of reporting systems and processes
- Controls experience
- English required + one national language (French or Dutch). Speaking Spanish is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
How to ApplySend resume to - Feyisayo.Akintola@bnymellon.com
44 total views, 2 today