Full-Time Principal Engineer
- An Principal Engineer/Architect is a hands-on, talented, innovative, and practical individual with functional experience to design, implement and support products and product components on a predictable schedule.
- Capable of working under minimal direction and exercising considerable latitude, they will provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Experienced in designing application-focused solutions, performing architectural analysis, and identifying issues and provide solutions for the business problems.
- Sound functional knowledge of enterprise application architecture in Spend Management domain including Procurement, Sourcing, and Financial Transaction Processing.
- Work in an agile environment where quick iterations and good feedback are a way of life.
- Lead the design and development of new reusable architecture components and major functional upgrades for the most advanced capabilities of the Coupa Application Platform.
- Document the solutions leveraging existing standards and create new templates where required; present them to project specific governing bodies for review and approval. Consulting skills are imperative to gain consensus on solutions proposed.
- Work with peers to sponsor the design and architectural changes with a goal of delivering value to customers at every phase of development and implementation of that design.
- Work alongside of Development and Product Managers to review and/or create the feature designs for the major/minor releases and also participate in defect analysis for maintenance releases to ensure the robust functional resolution to the customer facing issues.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to engineers, designers and developers.
- Engage cross-organizational teams such as Product Management, Integrations, Services, Support and Operations, to ensure success of overall software development, implementation and deployment.
- 8+ years system implementation experience in a large IT organization with large, complex enterprise system implementations
- 8+ years of experience developing business applications
- 5+ years defining high level design for one or more business domains.
- 5+ years of experience interpreting and predicting outcomes of existing business processes and current technology solutions.
- Broad knowledge of middleware/application integration products
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and executing enterprise architecture and software development life cycle methodologies
- Master’s (preferred) or bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
Extra Considerations Given To:
- Experience in building large scale business applications
- Experience with architecting third-party developer frameworks
- Experience with designing for an enterprise multi-tenant system
- Experience developing with containers, micro-services and message queues
- Experience with refactoring and modularizing legacy applications
- Experience designing solutions with heterogeneous technology stacks
- Contributed and launched web application deployed on cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Dealt with database performance issues and query optimization in MySQL
How to ApplyTo apply, visit https://jobs.lever.co/coupa/82627914-9f0d-4991-8dad-466be02011cc.
86 total views, 2 today