Full-Time Principal Engineer – Platform
- Lead the design and development of new architecture and major functional upgrades for the most advanced capabilities of the Coupa Application Platform.
- Build solid expertise of the entire Coupa application suite and leverage this knowledge to better design application and data frameworks
- Adhere to Coupa iterative development processes to deliver concrete value each release while driving longer term technical vision
- Wide knowledge of architecture standards and patterns, a passion for advocating their correct usage and excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Document the solutions leveraging existing standards and create new templates where required; present them to project-specific governing bodies for review and approval. Consulting skills are imperative to gain consensus on solutions proposed.
- Work alongside Engineering and Product leadership teams to review and/or create the feature designs for the major releases and also participate in defect analysis for maintenance releases to ensure the robust functional resolution to the customer-facing issues.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to engineers, designers, and developers.
- Engage cross-organizational teams such as Product Management, Integrations, Services, Support, and Operations, to ensure the success of overall software development, implementation, and deployment.
- Master’s degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of system implementation experience in a large IT organization with large, complex projects
- 5+ years of experience developing business applications or frameworks
- 3+ years defining high-level design for one or more business domains
- 3+ years of experience interpreting and predicting outcomes of existing business processes and current technology solutions
- Broad knowledge of middleware/application integration products
- Demonstrated proficiency in understanding and executing enterprise architecture and software development life cycle methodologies
Extra Considerations Given To:
- Experience with architecting third-party developer frameworks
- Experience with designing for an enterprise multi-tenant system
- Experience developing with containers, micro-services and message queues
- Experience with refactoring and modularizing legacy applications
- Experience designing solutions with heterogeneous technology stacks
- Dealt with database performance issues and query optimization in MySQL
How to ApplyTo apply, visit https://jobs.lever.co/coupa/cd2d56d5-9e05-459e-a900-bdec54289808.
78 total views, 1 today