Full-Time Prevention Coordinator
Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Position Title: Prevention Coordinator
Report to: Director of Community Health Education Program
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Prevention Coordinator will manage the day to day operations of the assigned HIV program. On a regular basis, this individual with collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that clients’ needs are met.
The major duties of the position include, but are not limited to:
People Management: the ability to train and develop staff, including coaching and mentoring
• Recruit, hire, train and supervise full-time and part-time staff assigned.
• Manage weekly meetings and daily check-ins with staff, and follow up on tasks and resolutions.
Leadership skills: the ability to step in and fill in for Director when needed and ability to recommend solutions based on data, particular to HIV and STI operations.
• Ability to anticipate or track developments in HIV prevention, and provide strategic planning input.
• Ability to manage daily changes or issues for operations
Logical reasoning skills: the ability to identify patterns or connections to make informed decisions. Ability to apply logic to methodical implementation.
• Identify and implement strategies for the expansion and sustainability of HIV prevention services.
Collaboration: the ability to work across various stakeholders to ensure best quality care for clients.
• Works closely with HIV Prevention and Access to Care Coordinator
• Works closely with other departments to promote its services and care for clients
• Identify and develop relationships with venues to conduct HIV/STI testing where high risk community of color congregate.
• Promote Apicha services to target communities, other community-based organizations and gate keepers.
Project Management: the ability to conduct budget management, key deliverables, reporting, quality assurance and improvement, data analysis.
• Responsible for carrying effective HIV prevention projects
• Being able to recommend and implement programming based on data gathering
• Ensure contractual compliance to all funding requirements including service level, data and program reporting, and budget monitoring.
• Develop and implement recruitment strategy to identify HIV high risk individuals for HIV testing and assist them to access appropriate care and services.
• Responsible for Continuous Quality Assurance and Improvement activities.
• Draft internal reports and follow administrative requirements in a timely manner.
Client Service: the ability to anticipate a client’s needs and respond to them in a timely and courteous manner
• Provide HIV testing and STI screening, as well as other high-impact prevention interventions.
• Understand evidence-based interventions and the high-impact model
• Ensure HIV/STI, Hep C screening to be provided in compliance with both federal and local regulations working closely with Chief Medical Officer. ,
• Bachelor’s degree, with 3 years of full time LGBT, health or HIV related relevant work experience required
• Advanced degree in Public Administration, Public Health, Social Work, or related field preferred.
• Credentialed and privileged for HIV testing, gonorrhea and Chlamydia screening, within one month of hire
• Ability to manage multiple government contracts using excel spreadsheet required
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends at high risk venues required
• Ability to provide HV/ STI/ Hep C test required.
• Excellent organizational, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication in English required
• Familiarity with Motivational Interviewing Skills preferred.
• Familiarity with federal, state and local regulations relevant to HIV/STI/Hepatitis screening and partner notification preferred.
• Ability to work with staff from diverse background preferred.
• Experience in supervising part-time and full-time staff preferred
• Experience in working with one or more of the following groups is preferred: A&PI, immigrants, Community of Color, LGBT, MSM, commercial sex worker, substance user, people living with HIV/AIDS.
• Ability use commonly used office software required: Word, Excel Power Point, Outlook. Experience with EMR preferred
• Self motivated, outcome oriented, team player capable of effectively operating within an organizational structure.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in applying for the job please click the link below: https://www.apicha.org/healthcare-jobs-in-new-york-city/
66 total views, 1 today