Full-Time PrEP Navigator
Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Position Title: PrEP Navigator – Full Time
Reports to: PrEP Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Recruit people who are HIV positive or at high risk for HIV infection, specifically to MSM POC to medical care.
• Provide navigation to patients on PEP and PrEP to engage and retain in care. Conduct outreach at high risk venues where People of Color (POC) – especially men who have sex with men (MSM) convene throughout New York City
• Recruit MSM POC to HIV/STI testing services
• Assist in HIV testing events and other health fair.
• Work collaboratively with agency staff from various departments.
• Attend all required meeting including training and supervision meeting.
• Collect all required data and submit all required documents such as timesheet, data collection form and reports in a timely manner following agency protocol.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma/GED with 1 year of working experience in a related field required
• Be able to successfully complete the Chief Medical Officer’s training/certification to conduct rapid HIV antibody & antigen testing within 60 days of hire required.
• Strong socio-cultural identification or work experience with MSM POC
• Familiarity with issues surrounding MSM POC community is required
• Ability to recruit gay identified or non gay identified men with HIV high risk behaviors from POC communities is required
• Availability on some evenings and weekends is required.
• Ability to work in HIV high risk venues required.
• Ability to work with diverse populations (i.e. MSM, gay, bisexual, transgender, various ethnicities and religions).
• Ability to communicate in English required.
• Fluency in Spanish or one of Asian languages preferred
• High energy with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to achieve the health center’s mission with team required
• Ability with using public transportation is required.
• Ability to use common office computer software (Word) in window environment required.
• Ability to use internet required.
• Ability to work within organizational structure with multi-disciplinary team environment required.
• Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis is required. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Apicha CHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V/SO
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position, please apply directly through our Apicha Community Health Center's website. https://www.apicha.org/careers
48 total views, 2 today