Full-Time PMO Technology Specialist
Salary Range: $5,396 – $8,292 Monthly
Location: Salem, OR / Remote
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced PMO Technology Specialist to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations. Please click here for a full position description.
The work of this role may be conducted remotely with full access to the needed operating systems and technology.
The Office of Information Service’s mission is to deliver technology solutions and services that support Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Department of Health Services in helping Oregonians achieve health, well-being, and independence.
More information about the Office of Information Services and current job opportunities can be found here
The Oregon Health Authority is committed to:
- Eliminating health inequities in Oregon by 2030
- Becoming an anti-racist organization
- Developing and promoting culturally and linguistically appropriate programs,
- Developing and retaining a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that represents the diversity, cultures, strengths, and values of the people of Oregon.
- Click here to learn more about OHA’s mission, vision, and core values.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity for anyone to apply. This position is a classified position represented by a union.
This position falls under the Project Manager 2 classification.
What you will do!
In this tech-oriented role within the Project Solutions PMO, you will provide critical application support, craft reports, and problem-solve. You will utilize your technical skills to enhance our processes, while also identifying opportunities for streamlining efforts and improving report value.
Being part of the PMO means fostering cross-functional relationships and working closely with other team members. This is where you can drive efficiency, improve quality, and fine-tune our workflow.
While independent in your work, collaboration is key. You’ll work closely with OIS staff and managers to ensure reporting timelines and requirements are met. This isn’t about just meeting goals, but surpassing them, leaving a mark of quality in your work.
What we are looking for!
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Candidates must possess both special qualifications and minimum qualifications to be considered)
Must be highly proficient in MS Power BI and MS Project Online, and the ability to create dynamic real time reports and automate existing reports.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Please clearly outline how you meet the minimum requirements and special qualifications in your application/resume/cover letter. Failure to do so will disqualify you from consideration)
(a) Five years of progressively responsible experience related to the class concept.
(b) Four years of progressively responsible experience related to the class concept AND an Oregon Project Management Associate Certification.
(c) Two years of progressively responsible experience related to the class concept AND a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or a closely related field;
(d) A Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
- Hands on progressively responsible experience managing major technology projects, following industry standards – particularly PMI (PMBOK), as evidenced by full responsibility for project leadership and outcomes. Experience must include full responsibility for outcomes of major solutions or components.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience using Microsoft Project to create and manage fully loaded project schedules outlining project work efforts.
- Strong written and oral communications skills with an ability to bridge the language gap between IT and business customers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully integrate large quantities of disparate information into meaningful reports and documents.
- Ability and skills to develop measurable project metrics, key performance indicators and dashboards. Experience in predictive analytics to improve project portfolio managements.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Project Management tools to include MS Project, and PowerBI. Microsoft Suite to include Word, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
- Strong ability to quickly synthesize information, understand relationships and interdependencies within the organization.
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Practical use of MS Power App is highly desirable.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 hours of vacation per month, eligible to be used after 6 months of service.
- 8 hours of sick leave per month, eligible to be used as accrued.
- 24 hours of personal business leave per fiscal year, eligible to be used after 6 months of service.
- Pension and retirement programs
- Opportunity to potentially receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Opportunities to serve your community and make an impact through meaningful work.
- A healthy work/life balance, including fulltime remote options as well.
How to ApplyPlease apply via Workday at the following link – https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem--OHA--Fairview-Industrial-Drive-3990/PMO-Technology-Specialist--Project-Manager-2--100---Remote_REQ-133878 Close Date: 9/3/2023 The Oregon Health Authority is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to workforce diversity.
63 total views, 3 today