Full-Time PLUMBING SHOP MANAGER, MAINTENANCE OPERATIONS
PLUMBING SHOP MANAGER FACILITY MANAGEMENT
235 work days
Salary Range: $70,079-$87,599
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The plumbing Shop overseas the following aspect: maintenance, repair and installation of toilets, sinks, sewer lines, water maines, plumbing lines, water heaters, water fountains, and drain cleaning.
The Plumbing Shop is full service and includes the following services to its customers: Water Mains and Distribution, Storm Drains and sewers, Hot Water Heaters, Backflow Preventers, Swimming Pools, Waste and Vent Drainage piping, shower valves, Sand & Oil Interceptors, Domestic Hot and Cold Water Lines, Plumbing Fixures, Gas Lines and Air Lines, Sewer Odor and Gas Leaks, Drain Cleaning, Grease Traps and Clay Traps, and Acid Neutralizing Tanks.
Ensures effective building maintenance and management of approximately 170 locations for Denver Public Schools by analyzing and assessing current programs to ensure the effectiveness of customer service, equipment, training, production, service quality, and resource allocations, in cooperation with other support departments. Responsible for maximizing the return on investment, minimizing loss, and supporting as well as identifying and developing employees for future growth. Responsible for setting the strategic direction, organization, management and implementation of a comprehensive business, finance, and maintenance operational model throughout DPS.
– Leadership responsibilities in all aspects of direct report personnel to include hiring, onboarding, performance reviews, corrective actions, investigations, terminations, and unemployment hearings according to Human Resource guidelines.
– Understands and enforces labor agreements and departmental procedures for labor groups as well as understands labor laws and policies; responds to level one grievance’s. Participates in labor negotiations, labor disputes, and arbitration hearings.
– Knowledge and understanding of state and Federal employment laws employment law including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, Workers Compensation, HIPAA, and enforce Board of Education policies and all other applicable departmental procedures and policies.
– Commitment to deliver innovative, resourceful, and timely maintenance processes to all areas of responsibility within Denver Public School’s facilities.
– Pledge to sustain the highest level of safety and comfort to all students, staff, and guests on or within Denver Public School’s facilities.
– Accountability for safeguarding all DPS assets within assigned responsibility to operate and maintain as well as maximizing the assets’ efficiency and sustainability to assure the optimum life of those assets.
– Assists in the management and implementation of maintenance production practices, standards, methodologies and metrics associated with assignments. Provide regular activity and status reports to management, staff, and customers on building conditions and production.
– Develop and implement short and long term goals. Sets strategic direction of district building maintenance and operations activities at all sites. Develops and implement plans and programs to improve building conditions and care of District facilities; evaluate departmental efficiency and recommend the implementation of new building maintenance techniques, materials, and equipment.
– Serve as a liaison and point-of-contact for school leaders for facility issues and questions. Develops and maintains working relationships and acts as a Facility Management liaison for all District departments.
– Work with vendors and evaluate new products and equipment; requisition and purchase a wide variety of chemicals, tools, supplies, and equipment for use at multiple sites.
– Collects, reviews, forecasts and processes financial information and creates necessary financial reports. Maintains and establishes all aspects of financial records, ensuring accurate and timely processing developed with input from shop leadership and staff. Manage and monitor an integrated budget including all funds available.
– Instructs formalized training courses as needed by the department. Directs and trains staff in order to develop their maximum potential and effectiveness and to develop a diverse base of leadership talent for the district.
– Respond to emergencies and situations on 24/7 call basis related to catastrophes and other emergencies which could inhibit the use of district locations. Coordinates or assists in the physical safety and security of all facilities; including adherence to appropriate response to fire/security alarms, and emergency lighting.
– Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Seven (7) or more years of related experience, with a minimum of four (4) at a manager level is required without a Bachelor’s degree; (general experience can be reduced by two (2) years with certification as a Plant Manager or Maintenance Manger from an industry recognized agency.
– Demonstrated experience performing in a customer service oriented environment, in compliance with business operations and human resource policies regarding policies, procedures, and practices.
– Strong knowledge of modern maintenance service standards and methods of building maintenance operations.
– Knowledge of LEED Certified buildings and sustainability practices.
– Knowledge of machinery and equipment used in maintenance operations.
– Experience in minor Project Management.
– Knowledge of laws, codes, rules and regulations related to assigned activities OSHA, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, Workers Compensation, HIIPA, Life Safety Code, AHERA, EEO, Building codes and all state and Federal employment laws.
– Understands principles and practices of supervision and training.
– Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills with staff, management, and vendors.
– Strong interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
– Strong attention to detail and record-keeping techniques.
– Understands proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
– Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
– Excellent time management skills; demonstrated successful experience planning and organizing work activities to meet deadlines.
– Efficient computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
– Ability to work flexible schedule, to include 24 hours on-call as required.
– Coordinate with District staff for facility operation.
– Work effectively with staff at all levels, in all departments and independently.
– Sustain attention and have an attention to detail.
– Plan and organize work, at times with interruptions.
– Problem solve and repair/construct items according to specifications.
– Work independently, make decisions and complete work orders.
– Communicate in English, verbally and in writing.
– Valid Colorado driver’s license and meets District insurability requirements.
– Regulatory Agency or Authority Having Jurisdiction licensing may be required.
– High School Diploma or equivalent required.
– Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) and three (3) additional years of facility maintenance experience.
Thank you for your interest in the DPS Maintenance Department. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share our DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun, and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team and make an impact at a great organization! DPS has become the fastest-growing large school district in Colorado and is widely recognized today as one of the best urban school systems in the country. DPS is continually reforming and growing. All this growth has its challenges and we need your help. Maintenance employees have clearly defined promotional opportunities at all levels and our supervisors will help you work toward your career goals We need great people that want to help create a safe, welcoming environment that makes an impact on student learning. If you like problem solving and working with your hands, you may be a perfect fit!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/yxuoxun6
68 total views, 1 today