Part-Time Personnel Security Specialist
HumRRO is a nationally recognized, non-profit applied research and consulting organization, established in 1951 and headquartered in Alexandria, VA with offices in Louisville, KY; Minneapolis, MN; and Monterey, CA. We provide our clients with customized solutions for complex business, HR, educational, and organizational challenges. Our areas of expertise include personnel selection and classification, education research and evaluation, human capital management, measurement and analytics, talent development, leadership development and evaluation, employment research, policy analysis, modeling and simulation, survey research, and professional credentialing.
The Personnel Security Specialist will be responsible for providing professional administrative support services, technical expertise, and guidance to maintain the company’s Industrial Security Program in accordance with Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA), the National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) and other United States Government contractual requirements
The Personnel Security Specialist reports to the Human Resources Manager and may also report to other HumRRO staff members for work on specific projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for administering, executing, and ensuring adherence to DoD and other client and company regulations, policies, and procedures regarding personnel and facility security.
- Maintain effective and responsive working relationships with government clients and other intelligence agency security offices.
- Stay current on changing security topics, news, initiatives, and regulations and educate HumRRO on relevant information impacting the company or industry.
- Provide records maintenance of all security related documents, trainings, reports, government furnished equipment (GFEs), Common Access Cards (CACs) and certifications and provide updates.
- Administer and track contract specific training and annual refresher training.
- Partners with the Information Security Manager to ensure that all classified information systems are approved and managed in accordance with NISPOM and/or other intelligence agency requirements.
- Conduct security briefings and debriefings with internal staff, including new employee security briefings and terminating employee exit briefings, as required.
- Collect Common Access Cards (CACs) and government furnished equipment (GFE) for departing employees.
- Prepare and submit visit authorizations, as needed.
- Investigate and report security violations/adverse information reports/incident reports with the appropriate security agency in collaboration with the HumRRO Contracts Office.
- Review HumRRO contracts and provide guidance on security sections, as required.
- Attend kick-off and project director meetings, as needed.
- Create and maintain currency of the HumRRO security policies and procedures, as required.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable security regulations and contractual terms.
- Perform other security duties, as requested.
- BA/BS degree with 3-5 years of related experience in the federal government sector.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of Government security data management systems, including DISS (Defense Information System for Security), ISFD (Industrial Security Facilities Database), SWFT (Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission), e-FCL (Electronic Facility Clearance System), and e-QIP (Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work independently with great attention to detail, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be service-oriented, conscientious, and responsive with a good work ethic.
Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
This position is part-time, but full-time employment will be considered. It is located on-site at our corporate headquarters office in Old Town Alexandria, VA.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Named one of “50 Great Places to Work” by Washingtonian magazine, 2019, and one of the “Top Workplaces” by The Washington Post for 2020 and 2021
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://humrro.applicantpool.com/jobs/981587-292344.html
274 total views, 0 today