Full-Time People Person
Based in Charlottesville, VA, OpenSource Connections is a search / discovery / analytics firm focusing on software development and technology consulting. We believe that when search & discovery is core to your value, you should own it. We do this through empowering search teams with a focus throughout the entire company on the values of Results Matter, I’ve Got This, and Go Team. We believe that when search & discovery is core to your value, you should own it. Our People Person will need to be flexible and adaptable while also being confident enough to advise the leadership team on both daily and strategic people management.
The People Person is part of the company leadership team representing the human resource function with administrative and strategic responsibilities for the US and UK. This role will focus on recruiting, compensation, benefits administration, compliance, employee relations, resource allocation, and culture ambassadorship.
- Develop and execute personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations
- Administer benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Employee relations including conflict management and employee coaching
- Administer compensation and benefits programs
- “Cruise Ship” director who promotes the company culture and engages employees to do the same
- For the UK, US and the states of Virginia and New York as applicable, ensure legal compliance of HR regulations and applicable employment laws
- Onboarding – familiarize new employees with OSC programs and practices including utilized systems (payroll, billing, planning, etc), the Entrepreneurial Operating System, continual check-ins with new employees.
- Manage recruitment process to ensure that OSC attracts, hires and retains top talent that bring the desired skills while fitting the company culture. This will include employer brand management, development of job descriptions and job postings, compliance with OFCCP, sourcing and screening candidates, internal team interviews, selection, offers, and pre-employment screening. Ensure EEO compliance and applicable UK compliance.
- Resource/Capacity Planning – As not all members of the leadership team engaged with employees are fully in touch with all demands on employees’ time, the People Person will keep abreast of billable employees and consultants to ensure they are meeting billable targets, their time is properly allocated, and/or they are not over-extended. This position will also be able to advise if there are consultants/employees who are under utilized and have capacity to serve on another account.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent
- Min of 5 years experience in Human Resources or People Management roles
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
- Proven experience in a lead/generalist role in the human resources function
- Confidence and tact to guide leadership team regarding proper people management principles and best business practices
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations including OFCCP
- Knowledge of UK employment laws and regulations
- Experience supporting staff in the UK
- Consulting firm experience
- Technical background
- Management experience
- Professional coaching experience
How to Applyhttps://tinyurl.com/OSCpplperson
73 total views, 1 today