Full-Time Pennsylvania State Director
NextGen America is seeking a dynamic and experienced campaign professional to join the nation’s largest youth voting organization and engage young people in local and national fights to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity for all Americans, protect human rights, and expand access to the ballot box for young Americans. This role will determine state planning and strategy, adherent to budget, and be focused on managing a statewide goal-driven, volunteer-led organizing program on and off campuses, developing in-state political partnerships, increasing NextGen’s visibility including within communities often left behind, event planning, and budget management.
The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and a belief that young people will make the difference in America’s future. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization–in theory and in practice–and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and economic and racial justice from a progressive perspective, we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
This role will report to the National States and Organizing Director.
This role is remote, but applicants must live in or be willing to relocate to Pennsylvania.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: 50% in-state travel | 10-15% out-of-state travel
End Date: 12/31/23
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE:
- Develop, lead, and drive the overarching strategy for Pennsylvania’s local and state issues, then determine, plan, and execute strategies needed to achieve national goals.
- Design a metrics-driven campaign plan focused on advancing progressive advocacy, winning elections, and increasing youth voter turnout and participation.
- Oversee the statewide budget and present proposals for funding and its effective allocation.
- Oversee on- and off-campus youth voter registration and community engagement efforts and participate in training student volunteers.
- Collaborate cross-departmentally to ensure org-wide visibility into programmatic needs.
- Develop and maintain political partnerships with community-based organizations and policymakers across Pennsylvania.
- Manage, support, and develop the organizing staff while identifying opportunities for training and growth.
- Implement effective and scalable accountability measures for staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to youth organizing and a passion for organizing young people in Pennsylvania
- 5-6+ years of political campaign experience
- 4-5 years of campaign management experience as a campaign manager or a field director
- Very well organized; excellent written, verbal and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and outside organizations and be able to multitask without sacrificing quality of work
- Demonstrated understanding of political climate and issues of Pennsylvania
- Availability to travel on a regular basis
- Availability to work increased hours during election season
- Ability to meet deadlines and program goals in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment
- Experience with both issue and electoral organizing
- Experience working with coalitions, especially in Pennsylvania
- Experience working with vendors
- Experience managing union staff
- Experience organizing in communities of color and prior training in anti-oppression, equity and inclusion organizing
- Experience working on youth organizing programs
- Experience on one or more campaigns in Pennsylvania at the local or state level
The base salary for this position is $95,000.
Our comprehensive benefits package plays an essential part in how we recognize you for your critical contribution toward our organization’s mission.
Taking Care of Your Future:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you and for your dependents
- Short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) plan – we’ll match 100% up to 4% of your salary
Setting You Up for Success:
- Up to $150 per month to use toward your cell phone and internet costs
- $100 per month to use toward your personal health and wellness goals
- Flexible spending account for dependent care
- Professional development opportunities to help you achieve your best self
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more.
How to ApplyPlease follow this link to apply!
39 total views, 1 today