Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Title: Pediatrician
Reports to: Chief Medical Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Jackson Heights, Queens
Position Summary: The Pediatrician will be responsible for recording medical histories and examination of young people from birth through 20 years of age.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Record medical histories and examine young people from birth to twenty years of age; order diagnostic tests and interpret results to help determine medical condition.
• Discuss test results and explain treatments or medical procedures with patients and family members
• Recommend and manage treatment, medication, therapy, vaccinations and additional specialized medical care to prevent or treat diseases, injuries and illnesses; monitor progress and conditions and revise treatments as needed
• Advise and educate patients, parents and members of the community in regards to activity, diet, hygiene and other disease prevention methods
• Design and implement community healthcare programs to aid in the physical and mental development of adolescents and children
• Coordinate and supervise activities of therapists, assistants, nurses, students and other support staff; refer patients to a specialist or other physician when warranted
• Clearly record all patient data, including history, exams performed, past and current medications, vaccination information, diagnosis, treatment plans and prognosis, in corresponding chart
• Doctor of Medicine specializing in pediatrics and a minimum of 2 years’experience required
• Board eligible/certification, required
• Current BLS and CPR certification required
• Current state medical license required
• Bilingual (English and Spanish or South east Asian languages) with experience serving a multinational, multiracial population preferred
• Adolescent health experience a plus
Apicha CHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V/SO
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the role please apply at our Apicha Community Health Center website below: https://www.apicha.org/healthcare-jobs-in-new-york-city/
52 total views, 1 today