Full-Time Payroll Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Payroll Manager
STATUS: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Lyric Opera is looking to hire a Payroll Coordinator to join our Finance department. The Payroll Coordinator is an entry-level position responsible for assisting with maintaining payroll-related accounts and is responsible for assisting with the reconciliation, analysis and accuracy of all payroll accounts across Lyric’s diverse and complex workforce.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Proactively support the Payroll team in executing all pay processes across Lyric.
• Support the Payroll team in analyzing time records and process payrolls in accordance with the provisions of complex labor contracts.
• With assistance from the Payroll Associate and Manager, ensure full-cycle payroll integrity, owning accuracy from data input to service provider transmission to proofing output to delivering pay stubs to staff.
• Demonstrate strong customer service in responding to employee inquiries regarding paychecks. Work with appropriate internal department supervisors and/or external software service vendors to resolve issues and correct discrepancies in pay checks and related payroll systems/records.
• Partner with HR colleagues to implement and advocate sound payroll practices and procedures.
• Provide written or oral verification of employment and pay-related matters in response to a variety of third-party information requests.
• Support year-end W-2 tie-outs and distribution of W-2’s.
• Provide back-up support to other Finance office staff, as needed, including coverage for others on the payroll team.
• Respond to employee inquiries regarding paychecks.
• Support the Payroll Manager with audits and analysis reports.
• Review and post Payroll GL entries into Navision and create financial statement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in business administration. Prior payroll and/or accounting experience or coursework preferred but not required.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of products, particularly Excel.
• Experience with Payroll/HRIS systems (ADP Workforce Now and e-Time preferred) and accounting systems preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong math aptitude.
• Outstanding communication skills with the ability to provide customer service to internal and external contacts, including handling confidential information.
• Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
• Ability to occasionally work evenings, weekends or holidays to process payroll, attend functions, or performances.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
The Lyric Opera of Chicago is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Lyric does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
How to ApplyPlease forward a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org denoting position of interest at the subject line, or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Dr, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.
31 total views, 1 today