Full-Time Patient Navigator
Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Position Title: Patient Navigator – Full Time
Reports to: Access to Care Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Patient Navigator is responsible to conduct outreach and recruit low-income, high-risk HIV negative and HIV position individuals of the Lower East Side and Chinatown into HIV prevention services and primary care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducts outreach to recruit low income, high-risk HIV negative and HIV positive individuals of the Lower East Side and Chinatown into HIV prevention services and primary care
• Identify persons with HIV who remain undiagnosed and link them to health care
• Link and retain persons diagnosed with HIV in care and treatment to maximize virus suppression, to improve their health and prevent further transmission
• Link and retain persons diagnosed with HIV to health care and get them on anti-HIV therapy to maximize HIV viral suppression so they remain healthy and prevent further transmission
• Assist in navigating clients to be linked to and maintained in primary care and specialty services, mental health, substance use as well as prevention services.
• Conducts health education activities
• Conduct HIV/STI screening. Assist with testing events and health fairs
• Work collaboratively with agency staff from various departments
• Collect all required data and submit all required documents in a timely manner, following agency protocol
• Assist with quality assurance and quality improvement (CQI) tasks.
• Represent the agency at various venues to promote agency services.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma/GED with 2 years of working experience required. Some college education with 1 year of working experience preferred.
• Energetic and motivated to achieve the agency mission
• Strong socio-cultural identification with the target population or experience in working with target population required.
• Ability to recruit from target population required
• Ability to work with diverse populations
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful environment
• Fluency in Spanish or Mandarin language is strongly preferred
• Ability to use public transportation is required
• Ability to communicate well in English required
• Ability to use common office computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
• Ability to work within organizational structure with multi disciplinary team environment required
• Ability to provide HIV testing within 30 days of starting work
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position, please apply directly through our Apicha Community Health Center's website. https://www.apicha.org/careers
24 total views, 1 today