Full-Time Patient Navigator
Position Title: Patient Navigator
Reports To: Assistant Director of Support Services
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Conducts outreach and case finding activities to recruit people living with HIV/AIDS into primary care
• Carries out tasks that are needed to execute the medical and support service plans, including
accompanying patients to appointments when required
• Provides information on ACA benefits
• Conducts health education activities
• Assists with testing events and health fairs
• Work collaboratively with agency staff from various departments
• Collect all required data and submit all required documents in a timely manner, following agency
• Assist with quality assurance and quality improvement (CQI) tasks.
• Represent the agency at various venues to promote agency services.
• Other duties as assigned
• High school diploma/GED with 2 years of working experience required. Some college education with 1
year of working experience preferred.
• Energetic and motivated to achieve the agency mission
• Strong socio-cultural identification with the target population or experience in working with target
• Ability to recruit from target population required
• Ability to work with diverse populations
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful environment
• Fluency in Spanish or Mandarin language is strongly preferred
• Ability to use public transportation is required
• Ability to communicate well in English required
• Ability to use common office computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
• Ability to work within organizational structure with multi disciplinary team environment required
• Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the
flu season) and testing for tuberculosis is required. These certifications are required by the NYC
DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position please apply through our Apicha website. https://www.apicha.org/healthcare-jobs-in-new-york-city/
51 total views, 1 today