Full-Time Patient Engagement and Retention Specialist
APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
APLA Health is currently seeking a Patient Engagement and Retention Specialist to join our Baldwin Hills location! We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
Patient Engagement and Retention Specialist (Baldwin Hills)
The Patient Engagement and Retention Specialist is responsible for establishing and implementing strategies to better engage and retain patients through changes to workflows and enhance the delivery of customer service to increase patient satisfaction. Also responsible for collaborating with dental and behavioral health to develop customer service goals and plans designed to increase patient retention and access to care and services, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in conjunction with quality improvement department and clinic director to develop and implement strategies to better engage and retain patients.
- Work with the UM Manager, communications director, clinic director, and outreach specialist to implement a comprehensive community outreach and engagement plan and messaging materials.
- Enhance communication with patients in regards to services rendered at APLA Health to improve quality service and reduce no-show rates
- Respond to patient inquiries promptly, and follow-up on patient issues and resolutions to ensure quality customer service
- Develop the use of emerging technology or media for patient engagement, including the patient portal and Healow app
- Coordinate resources to improve patient ability to adhere to appointments, including assistance with interpreter services and transportation.
- Connect with patients newly assigned to the clinic via managed care plans, track patients who have been admitted to a hospital or visited an ER, and maintain accurate records on linking patients into care
- Attend and hold events (public forums, community meetings, web-based engagement, etc.) in conjunction with the Outreach Specialist to encourage participation and distributing informational materials that describe programs and services that are available.
- Educate residents about APLA Health services, initiatives, projects, developments, and important community related topics. Attend health fairs and community meetings to encourage potential patients to access APLA Health’s services.
- Develop relationships with community organizations and other FQHCs for the purpose of cultivating referrals.
- Maintain knowledge in eligibility, enrollment and program specifications for various Medicaid and Medicare insurance programs.
- Assist potential enrollees with grievances, complaints or questions regarding their health coverage or a determination related to their coverage.
- Ensure patient confidentiality and customer service at all times.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree; or AA degree with equivalent work experience in health care, or health education.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in outreach or in the community with people who have health conditions impacting their lives.
- Experience working in a clinical environment.
- Experience in working with culturally diverse communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate, namely with the LGBT and other disadvantaged communities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals who may not share basic commonalities, including value systems and behavior norms. Ability to provide service to individuals with diverse economic, social, racial, and cultural backgrounds.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively and with patients and family members who speak English as a second language.
- Experience working with an electronic health record (eCW preferred).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly with minimal errors.
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Highly enthusiastic and confident communication style capable of motivating others.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of local community resources, health and social service systems in the local community, and skill in establishing working relationships with community partners with appropriate support.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including periodic outreach duties evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Ability to transport to various locations such as outreach events, seminars, trainings, committee meetings.
- Ability to investigate leads for patient outreach and engagement opportunities.
- Ability to establish and maintain personal and programmatic boundaries while providing supportive services.
- Ability to serve with minimal supervision.
- Ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns and exercise good judgment to handle calls properly.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran.
How to ApplyVisit our website at www.aplahealth.org to apply or click the link below: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=45815&clientkey=A5559163F67395E0A2585D2135F98806
73 total views, 1 today