Full-Time Patient Associate
Our mission at Apicha Community Health Center is to improve the health of our community and to increase access to comprehensive primary care, preventive health services, mental health, and supportive services. We are committed to excellence and to providing culturally competent services that enhance the quality of life. We advocate for and provide a welcoming environment for underserved and vulnerable people, especially Asians and Pacific Islanders, the LGBT Community and individuals living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Position Title: Patient Associate
Reports to: Manager of Clinic Operations
The Patient Associate registers patients, collects co-pays and payments for services and enters registration information in EMR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive persons presenting to clinic reception area.
• Patient registration
• Collect co-pays and payments for services from patients
• Collect and enter registration information in EMR
• Verify patient insurance eligibility prior to appointments
• Obtain pre-authorization to provide medical services to patients who have a non-participating insurance
• Confirm appointments, follow up for missed or cancelled appointments
• Assist with patient flow
• Schedule patients efficiently, follow up with patients for missed appointments
• Participate in patient recruitment and retention activities.
• Assist with referrals to external agencies/services.
• Receive incoming telephone calls, redirects those calls and/or records messages.
• Ensure that patient records are accurate and complete, and that patient confidentiality is strictly maintained.
• Participate in Quality Improvement activities
• Comply with agency policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. Represent agency and its services
• Perform light bookkeeping, filing, maintenance of an appropriate office environment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma/GED with 2 years of working experience required. Some college education with 1 year of working experience preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills are required
• Experience in outpatient clinic reception is preferred.
• Written and verbal communication skills in English required.
• Proficiency in common office software (Word, Excel), and ability to enter data accurately required.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team.
• Ability to sit in front of computer long hours required.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development.
• Experience working with people living with HIV/AIDS preferred.
• Able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to speak Spanish language is preferred.
• Knowledge of eClinicalWorks EMR is preferred.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position please apply directly through our Apicha Community Health Center's website. https://www.apicha.org/careers
22 total views, 1 today