Full-Time Patient Access Representative
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
Responsible for duties in support of departmental efficiencies which may include: greeting customers following Conifer standards of care, providing world-class customer service, answers inbound & outbound calls, performs PBX operations, executes reception/basic demographic quick registration data entry, and thoroughly explaining and secure Hospital & patient legal forms (i.e., Advance Directives, Conditions of Services, Consent for Treatment, Important Message from Medicare, EMTALA, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
• Greeting customers following Conifer Standards of Care, provides world-class customer service, executes reception/basic demographic Quick Registration data entry, places & verifies patient armbands, completes patient demographic forms, adheres to financial & cash control policies & procedures, thoroughly explains and secures Hospital & patient legal forms (i.e., Advance Directives, Conditions of services, Consent for treatment, Important Message from Medicare, EMTALA, etc.).
• Answers inbound & outbound phone calls, performs private branch exchange (PBX) telephone system operator functions in adherence to Hospital policies & protocols.
• Scan Protected Health Information, create and file patient information packets/folders for upcoming Hospital services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum typing skills of 35 wpm
• Demonstrated working knowledge of PC/CRT/printer
• Knowledge of function and relationships within a hospital environment preferred
• Customer service skills and experience
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral and written communications
• Course in Medical Terminology required
• Understanding of Third Party Payor requirements preferred
• Understanding of Compliance standards preferred
• Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with both internal and external Clients that lead to more effective communication and a higher level of productivity and accuracy.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
• High School Diploma or GED required
• 0 – 1 year in a Customer Service role.
• 0 – 1 year administrative experience in medical facility, health insurance, or related area preferred
• Some college coursework is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of time
• Occasionally lift/carry items weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Frequent prolonged standing, sitting, and walking
• Occasionally push a wheelchair to assist patients with mobility problems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Hospital administration
• Can work in patient care locations which include potential exposure to life-threatening patient conditions.
• Must be available to work hours and days as needed based on departmental/system demands.
• Uses proper negotiation techniques to professionally collect money owed by our Patients/Guarantors.
• Resolves Physician’s office and Patient issues. May experience extreme patient volumes and uncooperative Patients.
How to ApplyPlease go to https://www.coniferhealth.com/careers/ and filter by location to see positions near you!
198 total views, 2 today