Full-Time Parts Warehouse – 1900054K
No, this isn’t one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the “Best Every Time, Every Day” with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company.
Your responsibilities may include:
* Under some supervision, follow established procedures and guidelines to receive, handle, store, perform system transactions and dispatch goods in a factory or warehouse.
* Receive incoming goods; check for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices.
* Accurately sort, label, store goods and arrange storage to optimize warehouse space.
* Pick, pack, and dispatch outgoing goods according to written or verbal requests or orders
Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
* Stop work and immediately report any major injury hazards.
* Report any work-related injury, illness, incident or hazard.
* Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures & regulations.
* Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
* Promote interdependence by looking out for one another.
* Correct hazards within your control and capabilities.
* Recognize how your work may impact the environment and work to minimize the negative impact.
* Engage in HSE Training.
* Follows all applicable standard work, work instruction/process documentation and established quality procedures.
* Raises issues to minimize cost and quality exposures.
* Performs quality checks for damage and for discrepancies between goods and invoices.
* Identifies and controls non-conforming material.
* Receive incoming goods, accurately sort, label/package, store goods and
* arrange storage to optimize warehouse space.
* Operates manual and automated equipment to pick, pack and ship product per the customer expectations.
* Demonstrates a high level of competency in core work skills.
* Works at the required cycle time or defined engineering standard.
* Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
* Completes training in line with business requirements.
* Participates actively in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
* Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping tasks and machine cleaning tasks and performs planned operator care and maintenance tasks.
* Remains flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to meet business goals.
* Works with peers, skilled trades and support staff to maintain and identify equipment in need of repair.
* Ensures accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
* Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
* Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
* Customer focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
* Decision quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
* Self-development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
* Warehouse Operations – Utilizes warehousing tools, systems, and methodologies to meet defined metrics for inbound and outbound operations of a warehouse
Education, Licenses and Certification:
* High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
* Requires some work experience or intermediate level knowledge obtained through education, training or on-the-job experience, 2 years preferred.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: https://www.cumminstalentcommunity.com/profile/join/
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=c9a67736b90f0e89a0ef8481e122f359
31 total views, 3 today